GPS POINTS FOR RUTNIN

domdom

Good morning

I already went 3/4 times to Rutnin (from Chonburi) but unfortunately I ALWAYS reach opposite side of the road of the hospital and impossible to turn there..

Fortunately just opposite the hospital there is a condo or company with a large parking lot and the guard each time allowed me to park a few hours, paying 200 bahts..

I now have to undergo a surgery and my car will have to be parked for 48 h so I really need to reach Rutning coming in the right direction of the road

Anybody would have precise GPS points for Rutnin parking lot ? Looking on google street I see a ramp on the side of the building in the soi on the left hand side.. I also see a parking entrance just after the building after the ramp in the same soi... Which one is Rutnin s parking lot ?
Thank you

Have a nice day

If you come from Sirat Expressway and go towards Sukhumvit Road, you will be on the correct side of the street. It's very close after you cross the bridge over the canal - maybe 100 meters.

Don't know if you can pull up this image in Google Maps but it shows you the car entrance on Asoke Rd just before you get to the Rutnin sign: https://www.google.com/maps/@13.746515,100.562812,3a,50.2y,94.95h,80.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sF84GtZjx8VltJWgdXwAfnA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Like 1

Hello

Thank you.. Your answer is already a great help..

My problem is that using my phone GPS or my Honda GPS coming from Chonburi, I reach on the wrong side of the road..

Instead of entering Rutnin hospital I will try to enter the exact address or GPS precise points and see where I reach..

I don t know Bangkok and have no idea of how to reach Sirat expressway..

Thank you for your help

Have a nice sunday

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 12:21 AM, domdom said:

My problem is that using my phone GPS or my Honda GPS coming from Chonburi, I reach on the wrong side of the road.

Your problem derives from the fact that vehicles have to drive on the left side of the road in Thailand.

In the map in the screenshot below,

• the top is North
  • the right is East
  • the bottom is South
  • the left is West

Rutnin.png.c10e82359dcf8934e5743cfbbadc75bf.png

Rutnin Eye Clinic is on the East side of Sukhumvit Soi 21, the road in which this clinic is located, and when your driver enters this road from the South, Rutnin is on the right side of the road and it can indeed be daunting for some drivers to have to cut across the lane of oncoming traffic to get into the car parking area in front of the clinic. Unless you can coax your GPS navigation device to display a route that enters the road from the North there is regrettably no alternative.

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, domdom said:

Good morning,

I managed to reach in the right direction

Here are the gps points if it can help somebody..

13.44.47 N

100.33.43 E

Have a nice sunday

This might not help giving directions, but can give you a very precise location (a three metre square):

Download the what3words app. The whole world is  divided up into 3m squares and each one is given a unique three word name.

It is available in many languages, and even the emergency services have used it to locate lost hikers in remote locations.

It is available on iOS and Android.

Another alternative is Google Plus codes for Google Maps:   https://maps.google.com/pluscodes/

• 2 weeks later...

You can't turn right on Asoke during the rush hour, worse is when they have contra-flow in the morning

If you come on the wrong side of the road, turn right at the big intersection, you're on Petchburi rd, then take the next left, and left just before the railroad tracks, then you're on the right side

directions