Brussel Sprout growing in Korat?

1Gringo

One of things I don't miss from Blighty...

I wonder if it is cold enough in Korat for them though.

Brussels sprouts grow in temperature ranges of 7–24 °C (45–75 °F), with highest yields at 15–18 °C (59–64 °F).[2] Fields are ready for harvest 90 to 180 days after planting. 

From wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels_sprout

11 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

One of things I don't miss from Blighty...

I wonder if it is cold enough in Korat for them though.

Brussels sprouts grow in temperature ranges of 7–24 °C (45–75 °F), with highest yields at 15–18 °C (59–64 °F).[2] Fields are ready for harvest 90 to 180 days after planting. 

From wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels_sprout

My thoughts to ,and as the seed will have to come from a temperate  climate ,the Northern Hemisphere ,and with the long growing season ,I would say they will not grow  far to hot ,you are not so far from me Lopburi ,and I would not even think of growing sprouts , I was told many years ago sprouts need a frost on them before they have any flavour ,not likely in Thailand

Like cauliflowers some years we can grow them ,when it has been cool  like this year , others we can not, our  local market has had lots of cauliflowers this year. 

I tried growing them two winters ago in Chiang mai province. The seeds (sent by post from a UK seed merchant) failed to germinate.

Last December Makro, Big C and Rimping all had them frozen, from Denmark if I remember correctly.

There are Brussel sprouts available here at a local veggie merchant every year in cool season for many years now. And they are grown in Thailand. However the buds are soft and not really round and hard.Makro offers fresh ones every year from December to February but they are imported and quite costly. Maskro has also frozen ones from Belgium all year round. Compared withe the fresh ones, the fresh ones are not worth the effort.

I am far from an expert but I was under the understanding that Sprouts will not close up properly if the day length is not correct. I found this in a country with a cold winter but no short day length and the sprouts failed to close.

Mind the leaves taste just like sprouts so it was no loss.