Tickets for fights at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium will only be sold to foreigners

rooster59

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

The stadium will also change its name to the Royal Thai Army Sports Centre (Muay Thai Lumpinee) and a new management committee will be put in place to run the venue.

Really...now that’s interesting...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Went there once looking for blood and guts, VIP ticket and all that, never again, talk about watered down Muai Thai. I'm guessing you have to pick your days, when the real fights are happening, as opposed to these sparring sessions I experienced. Having said that the gambling fraternity was still pretty active, interesting in itself to see this in action. More interested in them than the fights, which were a bit boring; both guys obviously had an understanding - I don't hurt you too much, you don't hurt me too much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

There will be no atmosphere whatsoever, if there are any customers.

Thinking about it they're proably negotiating with the Chinese group tour companies right now.

At least they will gamble on anything!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

I have pondered for about 10 minutes, trying to come up with some sarcastic reaction to this ludicrous announcement. I couldn't. Even in a country notorious for its flawed logic and lack of rational decision-making, this truly is a new low.

It would be interesting to see Khun Pipat the tourism ministers slant on it!

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The stadium had been linked to an outbreak of COVID-19 in Bangkok last year.

Let's state some more linkage:

The Covid 19 outbreak was made possible by the high ranking military General in charge of the stadium, who famously ignored the government's orders to shut the venue. Now, why he would do such a thing could be anyone's idea, my own guess is it has something to do with Thai officialdom's favorite pastime. Can't say if this particular General was taken to task for his actions, i.e. made to compensate the public and businesses, as there was scant follow up on his fate. Now, why would there be no news about him could be anyone's idea, my own guess is it has something to do with Thai officialdom's second favorite pastime. 

Now, they want foreigner's to fund these hobbies...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only Farang who go to watch live Muay Thai are tourists! 

The rest of us have seen it  often enough to tick it  off our bucket list.

The big fights will be live on Thai TV so how does this prevent the Thais (or others) in taking part in an illegal activity? 

This is really stupid even by recent Thai "standards"!

10 minutes ago, David T Pike said:

Next it will be "Farang" night only at the cock fights! ????

Oh dear, back to sex discussions again said the two ladyboys!

Edited by fangless
  • Haha 2