Pattaya: Black sludge going into the sea was not eco-unfriendly, says City Hall

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Rain water does not turn black without good reason.

A full analysis by an independent laboratory would have credibility, permit me to doubt City Hall does.

I've seen runoff that is pretty black.  Usually the first runoff in an urban area that hasn't had recent precipitation will be quite heavily laden with dust and rubber particles.  Previously, I lived in Las Vegas and extended periods without rain were common.  We had to be extra careful during the initial rain as it would mix with the dust and tire debris to make a very slippery sludge. 

55 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

I've seen runoff that is pretty black.  Usually the first runoff in an urban area that hasn't had recent precipitation will be quite heavily laden with dust and rubber particles.  Previously, I lived in Las Vegas and extended periods without rain were common.  We had to be extra careful during the initial rain as it would mix with the dust and tire debris to make a very slippery sludge. 

Yes, but did it smell like S**t?????

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They promised that in the future when drainage improvements are all in place that separate drains will be used for rain water and sewage.

The 100 year plan! One small step for man, one huge leap for Pattaya!

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Rain water does not turn black without good reason.

A full analysis by an independent laboratory would have credibility, permit me to doubt City Hall does.

Don't you know, eating licorice and spitting is popular in Pattaya!

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

City Hall told Sophon Cable TV that it may have looked bad but in fact this was just dirty rain water that was not in fact environmentally unfriendly.

I'd ask the Pattaya governor along with city hall members to back up their words by taking a swim in the water where the outflow is... videoed for the nation to see.

21 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Unfortunately for City Hall we have had quite a lot of rain over the last couple of weeks so that tosses your theory into a cocked hat mate ????