whats your biggest fear/worry  of retiring in thailand

bedbugy

17 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Air pollution, particularly in the North. Seems to be getting worse each year. We now know that the long term impact on every organ of the body, including the brain, is pretty bad.

Have you seen stats showing it's getting worse the last say 40 years? I doubt it's getting worse over the long term, in the past slash and burn was perfectly fine

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

Yeah that awful UK with its inflation linked state pension and free healthcare and vibrant culture.Who would want to retire there?

Much better to stick it out in Thailand with its pollution, ever increasing cost of living, political clusterfxxx, thinly masked xenophobia and immigration insecurity.

Yeah well I've had a few beers today so better not reply to baiting plonkers.

See you in the next car park. ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jayboy said:

Yeah that awful UK with its inflation linked state pension and free healthcare and vibrant culture.Who would want to retire there?

Bars and restaurants have been closed for most of the past year. You aren't even supposed to leave your home for leisure purposes, or visit anyone else's home. it wasn't a lot of fun for me.

My only fear in Thailand is I'll fail the test, and they won't let me out of the hotel next week.

Edited by OswaldBastable
  • Like 1

My biggest fear is having a stroke or scooter accident that leaves me helpless.

I have no fear of Immigration, Chiang Rai is an  office which has handled my extensions et. efficiently thus far.

I enjoy life here. If I remember correctly, Roosevelt in his inaugural address said " We have nothing to fear but fear itself".

• Like 2