PEA rules & Regs wanted for Domestic rooftop install under 10KW

Hi all.

I have been away from LOS for a few months and i am just about to decide on what PV system i want to install so i am curious about the official requirements for equipment types and the export tarrifs i could expect and what if any export limits (KWh) i may encounter.

As the title suggests currently i am interested in domestic 10KWp max only.

I will be potentially upgrading to 3 phase soon with my own transformer so i am curious i of the limits of export for that vs single phase

For the record i wont be buying this System in Thailand nor will a local installer be working for me, i am currently looking at 6.6KWp systems with 5kw inverter single phase, if its worth spending a bit more cash and going three phase inverter then i may bump up the size as i have East South and west aspects available for rooftop install.

thanks in Advance

Shaemus

2 hours ago, shaemus said:

For the record i wont be buying this System in Thailand nor will a local installer be working for me, i am currently looking at 6.6KWp systems with 5kw inverter single phase, if its worth spending a bit more cash and going three phase inverter then i may bump up the size as i have East South and west aspects available for rooftop install.

My bold.

This will likely preclude you from getting on any official scheme and leave you net-metering (assuming you have a mechanical meter) and hoping that you don't get found out (make sure the meter reader doesn't see the meter going backwards).

It would certainly be worth talking to your local office and getting the required paperwork from them but you will certainly need an inverter that's on the "approved" list. I think the forms, list of inverters etc. are on the PEA website (in Thai of course) so there would be a good place to start.

Export tariff is about 2 Baht per kWh.

If you have a 3-phase supply I would go with three single-phase inverters so loss of one phase won't take all your solar off line.

If you do go DIY and try to get on the schemes please let us know how you get on, I don't know anyone who has actually bothered without using a local contractor.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 6:11 PM, Crossy said:

PEA website (in Thai of course) so there would be a good place to start.

https://www.pea.co.th/%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2/%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B3%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%90%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A5/Solar-Rooftop

i had a good look before i posted, and got the above . 

i would hope to buy the equipment that on the list and install that. I then have the option to go legit if i want. 

TIA

Shaemus

• Like 1