Tourism reopening: Four phases on the cards - No quarantine at all from October

webfact

47 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My understanding is different from yours then. My understanding is yes it should prevent most infections, but in a lot of cases if you DO get it it will give you mild or moderate illness rather than hospitalization and death. And to be honest I can live with mild or moderate symptoms rather than death.

No, your understanding is correct. Perhaps my point wasn't clear: A low efficacy doesn't mean the vaccine can't prevent serious symptoms/illness.

Edited by Moncul

16 minutes ago, sambum said:

"low risk countries like the UK"

??? :-

No 5 UK 4,258,438 cases   125,516 deaths

Hey bum, if you want to peddle every countries total as a reason not to allow them in you’ll be locking everyone out for years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Maybe it is because OZ and NZ have zero International flights.

Aren't the borders still locked?

Oz open for returning citizens and family. Quite a few cases have occurred after returnees quarantined / quarantine security failures

1 hour ago, Maliproto said:

While you're picking apart the article you should bear in mind that the article clearly says that all this is nothing more than speculation at this stage, it is not policy.

The article does not say  "1 day in quarantine would be necessary", it says that "one day's quarantine could be necessary".

There's no point in 1 day anyway.  If you test clear within 3 days of flying here, and get the virus, then most likely you picked it up on route.  In most cases it takes a minimum of 4 days to show up, so it won't show in a test a day later.

IMO, quarantine or don't, but whatever you do, have the doctors decide on how long, not the politicians.

Turkey starts the ball rolling..........

No vaccination certificate.

No negative PCR test.

No quarantine.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/03/14/turkey-plans-first-country-accept-british-holidaymakers-without/

Welcome tourists of the world !!!!!!!  The race to get the tourists back is on..................the losers will be those who dont welcome them back with open arms.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan's plan that will be discussed at the end of this week will see tourists from low risk countries like the UK, China, Germany, Italy, Japan, South Korea and India able to visit. 

This shows just how 'on the ball' they are. I wouldn't call my country (UK) 'low risk' but fair enough, cases are going down rapidly since vaccinations began.  However, Germany and Italy are showing rising infection rates and India????? Well, their figures are as amazing as 'Amazing Thailand's'.

Tired of all this rubbish.

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

"Phase 3: is called the "Sand Box" and will be done from October to December in seven specified tourism provinces that are mostly by the sea. This could involve one day in quarantine "

hence the title is misleading - there would be 1 day quarantine.

And if positive test it will be much longer, including hospitalisation.

At the same time very few in thailand would have vax by themselves. So virus can be passed on them. And tourists won't be coming because of the possible outbrake

All is misleading and vaugue.. as usual...  we think its a language /IQ thing.. but I think its deliberate

We seem to be forgetting that “they” said you must have been vaccinated within the 3 months before arrival. That is gonna disqualify many who are already vaccinated ! you just can’t ask for another jab because you wanna go to Thailand ! God help us if Thailand have discovered the effectiveness of all vaccines is limited to 3 months ! 

• Like 1

???????? UK low risk .....coffee has just sprayed all over laptop

We're the worst example worldwide by far. All banana republics will be back in action before Johnsons rabble get back in

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rainville said:

Quarantine will be lifted for vaccinated tourists way before January. By September 1st at the latest there won't be any quarantine for inoculated tourism. 

I'm happy to take bets people.

I hope you are correct. I wish they would stop all this over detailed projecting . They will tie themselves up in a knot and no one ,including emigration , will know what the actual rules are when they do open.. if they ever do arrive at a consensus . 

• Like 1

Let's see what nearby countries do. Thailand will be unable to vaccinate sufficient numbers by the end of this year so this must be expedited. The big problem is number of new infections being reported which does not confirm that it is a safe country so far as Covid is concerned. Unless free and compulsory no one knows how many Thais will come forward to be vaccinated.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"low risk countries like the UK"

??? :-

No 5 UK 4,258,438 cases   125,516 deaths

Case/fatality rate:

Australia 3.12%

UK 2.95%
Germany 2.84%

Belgium 2.78%

EU 2.39%

USA 1.82%

Edited by Andrew65
  • Thanks 1

its just a load of TAT. I understand that many may have vested interests in Thailand and cannot holiday elsewhere but personally speaking once I've had that second jab I'm off to somewhere sunny and with a beach to demolish large quantities of gin and tonic, without a single second of quarantine or a prisoners bracelet. Tel Aviv is looking especially attractive with their vaccination rate ???? 

• Like 1

II never cease to be amazed by the amount of COVID expertise we have in a Thailand , and all of them TV members toboot! Someone should call WHO and let them know there’s a deep deep pool of knowledge here that they’re not tapped into. They could save BILLIONS and n research by just asking the lads on TV ! Why waste all that dosh? 
We could also generate vast sums of money while entertaining the world with reality shows such as “Covid Uneversal  Challenge”. Where the “open Thailand to tourism” college could challenge the “ COVID vaccinations don’t work” College. 
????????????

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Maybe it is because OZ and NZ have zero International flights.

Aren't the borders still locked?

People travelling from NZ to Australia have been doing so for a month or more without quarantining

The other way requires 14 days

So do keep up

2 hours ago, SiamAndy said:

By next week there will be a new proposed plan or "re-clarification" of this plan.

Yes, I think something about you can enter with 2 vaccinations and the ability to blindly juggle 3 balls in the air whilst jumping on a pogo stick

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Let's see what nearby countries do. Thailand will be unable to vaccinate sufficient numbers by the end of this year so this must be expedited. The big problem is number of new infections being reported which does not confirm that it is a safe country so far as Covid is concerned. Unless free and compulsory no one knows how many Thais will come forward to be vaccinated.

The main problem for travel is worry if the country that you're going to is going to have a COVID catastrophe with their local population.  If all the doctors get sick, the health care system will collapse.  

As per Thailand, it is at high risk of this happening when some of the world will already be inoculated.  I do expect China will swoop in and rescue people with vaccines with their vaccine diplomacy, but that' won't be for some time yet.  

The numbers that Thailand is vaccinating isn't even laughable.  It's pathetic.  

"Elit card", "Elite Visa", "Yacht quarantine", VIP...

But what about normal people (the large majority) who doesn't have any COVID problem or are immune and have a familly in Thailand they do not see for long time ? Don't care ? No consideration for all of these families ?

I think the idea is pretty clear...

• Like 1