Pattaya beach vendors report brisk weekend trade

webfact

Pattaya beach vendors report brisk weekend trade

8pm.jpg
Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that deck chair vendors on North Pattaya beach by the Dusit Hotel were doing a roaring trade selling kites to supplement their income.

The cool ocean breezes were perfect for a bit of "chak wow" (kite flying) on the golden sands. 

The media said there were tons of tourists there yesterday evening admiring the sunset.

Deck chair operator Srilissa, 44, said she had hit on the idea of selling kites to make money and it was also good that mayor Sontaya Khunpluem had allowed parking on Beach Road. 

All this meant that lots of Thais and foreigners were there to "len wow" or play with kites, she noted.

thai+visa_news.jpg

Parking on the beach side of Beach Rd seems to be a clincher for many. Before it was allowed the police were booking or towing away vehicles and it got a lot of adverse online publicity. It was odd that City Hall's efforts to bring in tourists was being undermined by its own police force. Fortunately, the 2 are now working in harmony. Long may it continue.

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Nope, nope nope. I'm not having any of this pattaya has some tourists and they are spending money. 

The bar stool next to me in soi sexpat is empty, Therefore, none of these stories are remotely true. 

Or possibly there's another reason you're sitting alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Nope, nope nope. I'm not having any of this pattaya has some tourists and they are spending money. 

The bar stool next to me in soi sexpat is empty, Therefore, none of these stories are remotely true. 

well maybe all the visitors to soi sexpat have gone to เล่นว่าว (play with kites)...but that can't be true so i agree with you "Therefore none of these stories are remotely true. "

29 minutes ago, Taco said:

Total bs. I was working out at coco gym mid day central pattaya beach road overlooking beach mid day Saturday. The beach was almost completely empty 

Did you actually read the OP? 

• Like 1

Not really crowded but also not empty  on Saturday at sundown (13 Mar 2021, 6:10PM)

202103131810.jpg

And yesterday, Jomtien beach rd. was packed with cars all the way like it was a long weekend or festival. Hard to find an empty parking lot. Terrible to drive.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Taco said:

Total bs. I was working out at coco gym mid day central pattaya beach road overlooking beach mid day Saturday. The beach was almost completely empty 

How many times do we have to tell people that Thais do not sit on the beach in the blazing sun 'mid day'.  Neither do I, for that matter.  Next time go out early in the morning and you'll see them sitting in the shade of the highrise condos and hotels.  When the shade leaves, so do they.  Then they're back late afternoon/early evening to watch the sunset.

The vendors were right--this past weekend was very busy in north Pattaya.  It's funny, though.  Beach road was jammed with parked cars in north and central Pattaya but when you got close to Walking Street there was parking available--at least around 6:45 pm when my partner and I were driving on the road.  I guess Thais prefer the central and northern parts of the beach.  Me, too.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, champers said:

was being undermined by its own police force.

Every business in Pattaya has been undermined by their police force in the form of special licences/protection money/selective law enforcement. Now there are fewer businesses they don't know what to do with themselves except 'fly kites'.

17 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I just don't get the obsession with kites, unless you are 8 years old.  They do <deleted> all.  Next to river and lake fishing, they must be the most boring activity imaginable.  

I always said that the mentality of Thai people is not only their driving and riding behaviour.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I just don't get the obsession with kites, unless you are 8 years old.  They do <deleted> all.  Next to river and lake fishing, they must be the most boring activity imaginable.  

And trying to knock a small white ball into a hole in the ground with a stick!   LOL

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 12:25 PM, webfact said:

Siam Rath reported that deck chair vendors on North Pattaya beach by the Dusit Hotel were doing a roaring trade selling kites to supplement their income.

Does this warrant the use of the word 'brisk"  --> active, fast, and energetic.

Damn when I read these posts it makes me wonder about my knowledge of the English language and whether I am losing it or whether the editors here know what they are writing... 

How can the sale of a few kites make the sales 'brisk'? 

How much is a kite? 120bht? 

Jesus Thaivisa... maybe try withholding the play on words and sticking to the point before these reports take a 'nose dive' briskly into the sand?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Billiards?

No that's got a red one, and one with spots on too.  And I did say hole in the ground. LOL

'Do you know what it is yet'.................................quote Rolf Harris

Edited by KannikaP

Since Pattaya re-opening on Feb 1, 2021,   there had been domestic tourists arrival around Pattaya Bay and Jomtien Beach on several weekends,  including the regular Sat-Sun weekend.    The demographic of the arrivals was not quite the same to the ones last year. 

Notice many visitors in these few weeks are groups of young men and women, aged around late 20's in group of 3-6 etc.    While the family of 3 generations coming in a pickup trucks are not so obvious now.