best broadband

kevinbraysford

Totally dependent on where you are as some providers are more dominant in some areas. In a city no problem. out wide? get where you plan to stay and find out what most people use. I had 3bb originally out the farm then true came through with better hard-wired service routers etc. In the city itself true is hands down the best and that's in a house with 3 smart TV's, multiple phones devices etc. 

Edited by starky

20 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

Had 3BB for years. They are still charging me 599 baht for an original 2Mbps account that I opened 10 years ago that has now been upgraded to a fiber optic 100Mbps. 

Presumably 100Mbps is a typo. For 590 baht + vat you should be getting 1000Mbps download/100Mbps upload.

GIGA-FIBER.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 8:55 PM, CharlieH said:

Yes they do, and it varies by package bought, the more you pay the better it gets.

I am on TOT, paid for a higher package and my International speed jumped x10 !

The old addage I guess, you get what you PAY for.

Tot are the 2nd  worse supplier in Thailand for throttling International bandwidth CAT being the worst

On 3/23/2021 at 5:29 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

Presumably 100Mbps is a typo. For 590 baht + vat you should be getting 1000Mbps download/100Mbps upload.

GIGA-FIBER.jpg

First I had CAT, not good at all.

Tried True as well, and it was truly awful.

I've had 3bb for 8 years now, 590bht for 1,000/100 + 30bht for HBO (total 673bht/month inc).

Never seems to be faster than 500/100 but the price is right.

I have a large rodent problem, and my fibre cable has been chewed through 4x in the last 4 months, always fixed within 24hrs, no charge.

Edited by BritManToo

I'm not understanding why people think they are getting throttled, what possible advantage can a provider get by throttling international bandwidth ???? Is the end user downflowing less data, No, Is the end user tying up the international bandwidth for longer, Yes.

If a company has limited international bandwidth, they would want to dish it out as quick as possible, to free up the international bandwidth. 

If I own a road and charge for access, why would I slow down the cars on that road ?

On 3/22/2021 at 10:16 AM, Rdrokit said:

Had 3BB for years. They are still charging me 599 baht for an original 2Mbps account that I opened 10 years ago that has now been upgraded to a fiber optic 100Mbps. 

Yes,I also have used it.good