New Nordic: Pattaya developer begins voluntary rehabilitation procedure with Bankruptcy Court

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, OswaldBastable said:

If you buy a condo in a large block, and the company goes bust after only a few units are sold and occupied, who keeps the gym, swimming pool, elevators, lights, security, management and all the utilities and maintenance going?

My thought are that in many cases, the units are already sold before they are built, if they cannot muster up enough sales to  fund the next stage, the project may flounder or pause. When a project is 'complete', isn't the upkeep transferred to another company... not sure how independent that is from the constructing group.  A completed project should self fund from maintenance and service fees. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Well put!!!!!!!!  In my situation, I'm my own owner, don't have to ask for anything if I want to upgrade something, and now, will get a bunch of money when I sell.  As opposed to having nothing.

If something happens to me, wifey can have it.

But your points are VERY valid.  I highly recommend anyone moving to Thailand rent at first.  For at least a year.

At least a 100 years 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

People have been talking about these guaranteed rent schemes for years, no one should fall for that, plus buying off plan, only fools do that

Well said...but fairly obvious,i would think.

I dont know why people fall for these schemes..

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You make a point for a different view too with those numbers..... 

1. Twelve years later and still not covered the cost of the condo. An older person arriving in Thailand may want to consider that fact.

2. Got a condo, what to do with it before one dies or needs to move on, unless it can be readily sold, hopefully with  profit , a white elephant.

3. No recurring expenses that impact the comparison? How about annual maintenance and services charges, now we have property tax, albeit small. Not to mention the flexibility lost to being tied to a property.

4. How about guys who bought on a loan from Nordic to take advantage of that 10% return, where are they now?

(Now don't go thinking I am anti.... I am stuck with a house!)

I bought a house and guess what it increased in value (because a big shopping center and BTS were made). Paid for it years ago now done. 

Its not all bad but have been here 15 years. Id say in most situations renting is good but there is nothing against buying.

Now my house is empty (dont want to sell it) and i live in a rented house in Thong lor. I must say owning a house is nicer as you can improve what you like put stuff up where you like put in better aircons ect. Its all about comfort i feel that in condo's and rented houses your a bit more restricted.

On the other hand the owner of this new house does all the maintenance. For the pool the house whatever. So its not bad. But for the price the company of the GF is paying per month I would not be here (80k). Far to expensive for my taste.