Car ferry to Koh Samui in late January early February

Hi, a little early but trying to make plans

in late January 2022 i need to travel to Koh Samui and return early February,

i was wondering if its worth considering traveling by car as i recall that sometimes at this period the ferry is cancelled due to bad weather

is this common in this period, if so i shall fly instead, but i would like to drive if possible

i know we cannot predict the weather but would appreciate the experience of people who travel this route

1 hour ago, schweizer said:

in late January 2022 i need to travel to Koh Samui and return early February,

i was wondering if its worth considering traveling by car as i recall that sometimes at this period the ferry is cancelled due to bad weather

You probably remember wrong about late January and early February.

Sometimes the ferries are cancelled due to high waves during the monsoon season, normally lasting from end of October till about mid January.

If you are going to fly it might be from Bangkok, there are no direct flights from Hua Hin. However, depending of the corona-lockdown, there normally is an express bus-service from Hua Hin to Chumphon, and from there catamaran ferry to Samui, including minibus service to your accommodation. The whole package is serviced by Lomprayah, however the service is ceased at the moment.

• Like 1