Not so fast! D-Day of April 1st for new speed limit is only 50 km stretch of road, for now

webfact

4 hours ago, 1Gringo said:

'outside lane?'  that's the SLOW lane.  the fast lane is ALWAYS the INSIDE lane.

who's running this circus?

It's time to check out anyone with a "Chidchob' surname or a bottle of hand sanitizer.

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

50km without a u-turn? I foresee a significant increase of vehicles driving in the wrong direction.

The original article I saw said four or more lane highways with no highway level u-turns.  U-turns under an overpass are fine.

I agree with that.  Big trucks crossing lanes to get to a u-turn are a danger.

The Thai government (and maybe the Thai people) have a problem with communications. Isn't there an SOP that tells people when to leak news to the press and what it has to contain... and .importantly when it is to be implemented. I am tired of these half-ar$ed farces, no wonder the country is in a mess. The same debacle was made over cannabis. 

The rule is don't confuse people. Don't release until you know that the change to policy or law has approval.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

The Thai government (and maybe the Thai people) have a problem with communications. Isn't there an SOP that tells people when to leak news to the press and what it has to contain... and .importantly when it is to be implemented. I am tired of these half-ar$ed farces, no wonder the country is in a mess. The same debacle was made over cannabis. 

The rule is don't confuse people. Don't release until you know that the change to policy or law has approval.

No fun in that.

????

8 hours ago, 1Gringo said:

'outside lane?'  that's the SLOW lane.  the fast lane is ALWAYS the INSIDE lane.

who's running this circus?

I agree with those running the circus, especially if there is a frontage road. I also don't see how you can overtake on the inside. You don't undertake on the outside.

9 hours ago, jackdd said:

50km without a u-turn? I foresee a significant increase of vehicles driving in the wrong direction.

The first 20km has u-turn bridges and the remaining 30km has underpasses, work is ongoing to improve and create new underpasses to close the central u-turns .

At the moment there is a sneaker/ trainer factory opposite a central u-turn, at  finishing time there’s a boatload of mc’s taking their life, and the lives of others, into their own hands to get to the other side of the highway .

Removing the central u-turns is a great step forward, IMHO they should leave the speed alone and concentrate on other improvements.

The” keep 2 chevrons apart “ markings already installed on this stretch are not being adhered to ( no surprise there !! ) . I dropped back to keep 2 chevrons in sight and within 10 seconds i had been flashed from behind and 2 cars immediately undertook me to fill the gap. Whether the drivers on this stretch don’t care or don’t understand the system I don’t know but some public awareness videos need to be shown to educate the driving public.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

He would be there to preside over the ceremony himself as it was the anniversary of the founding of his ministry

So how many years has the Ministry of Transport been running?  Could he give a progress report on the reduction in the number of casualty figures?

19 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I look forward, on 01 April to reports and images of the Minister with a starting pistol and lines of cars blipping their throttles.........Who's on poll position? Will 30 March be practice day?

dont you mean 31st march ?????!!! MARCH HAS 31 DAYS !!!!!

2 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

or even know what pedestrian crossings are for.....?????!!!!!

I cross a major one crossing, with lights, going to Bumrungrad each week.............the cars race as they see the lights changing.....some still go through, at speed, on red......then you have to cross very carefully as the bikes seem to believe this set of lights is for cars only????