Multiple Newsletters

Maybole

I am pleased to read the daily newsletters. However I am receiving several copies of the same one every day. Two copies of today's came in at 1535 and two more  of the same at 1537. One only please.

• 3 weeks later...

Ditto for me...receiving two newsletters with the same date/time stamp....seems to have started a few weeks ago when TVF had to move to a new domain/server provider.   Haven't said anything until now hoping the multiple deliveries was a glitch/fix itself....but it's been going on for about two weeks now.

7 hours ago, Pib said:

Ditto for me...receiving two newsletters with the same date/time stamp....seems to have started a few weeks ago when TVF had to move to a new domain/server provider.   Haven't said anything until now hoping the multiple deliveries was a glitch/fix itself....but it's been going on for about two weeks now.

maybe you are getting one of mine........????

Seriously however I did not receive any at all today, neither morning nor afternoon version.

24 minutes ago, topt said:

maybe you are getting one of mine........????

Seriously however I did not receive any at all today, neither morning nor afternoon version.

Maybe so....one some days I was getting duplicate/identical newsletters in the morning and afternoon.  Like this morning I got sent the newsletter twice with the same date/time stamp.

image.png.12cc01c9da448c2cfd28e0486ffb1e22.png

On 4/7/2021 at 6:23 PM, Pib said:

Maybe so....one some days I was getting duplicate/identical newsletters in the morning and afternoon.  Like this morning I got sent the newsletter twice with the same date/time stamp.

image.png.12cc01c9da448c2cfd28e0486ffb1e22.png

On Wednesday and days before I was getting multiple copies like shown above.  But yesterday/Thursday I didn't get multiple copies...just one copy like it's suppose to work...thought maybe TVF had fixed this glitch.   But this afternoon/Friday I'm back to getting multiple copies with the exact same date/time....see below.  TVF sure is killing a lot of internet trees.

image.png.1c9b5d90e5757c13eecd025b25389aa1.png

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I do not subscribe to the Newsletter, but please, what does it have which I cannot view on this normal website.

It gives you 2 of the top stories , about 10 of the featured forum threads and about 30 latest news threads, oh and a few ads for good measure.

So while it doesn’t give you anything you can’t find on the forum itself it does give you instant access to a range of the most important and interesting topics currently available ( in the newsletter News Editors eyes at least ).

In respect to duplicate newsletters, it started for me about 2 weeks ago and I get the identical repeat version, at exactly the same time,  probably every other day.

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I do not subscribe to the Newsletter, but please, what does it have which I cannot view on this normal website.

The good thing about the newsletter is it does a fair job of listing popular/important threads across many  topic areas of TVF.  This way a person don't have to scan through all the the topic areas for those truly important topics....or don't even need to logon daily to look for important/late breaking topics especially in the Visa/Extension area or just news that affects all expats.  Heck, there are days that unless the topic/news is listed on the newsletter then it may not be worth even logging onto TVF other than to kill some time.  It can be a time saver.

Edited by Pib