Messy cables along Patong beach road are gone

DFPhuket

The ugly cables along the beach road in Patong have all disappeared. Yesterday several orange trucks were working on switching the electric lines from overhead poles to the underground cabling. The beach road will have an entirely new look once they remove the electric wires and poles.

Let's hope they soon finish and resurface the road. Perhaps the mayor wants this finished before the election on March 28?

IMG_8310.jpeg

On 3/17/2021 at 9:38 AM, lopburi3 said:

Of course you don't need cables if you don't have people.  That is one very lonely rider in what appears to be a ghost town.

Ah yes, but wait for October, all will resume as before!

Sans beach road cabling.

Yes, hopefully the Patong beach road is re-surfaced before 28 March, that is 2027 .... ! ????

I was talking to a Thai guy working there, he said no need to re-surface, all the potholes slow down the traffic...!? With that logic I see why they like it the way it is... ! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deli said:

The northern end of the road is a desaster and death trap for bikers. Who cares about the cables ?

I saw them digging some more today, every other day they decide they need a new hole....!!! I think the project has no duration or end date..., a bit like Covid19...????????

On 3/17/2021 at 9:38 AM, lopburi3 said:

Of course you don't need cables if you don't have people.  That is one very lonely rider in what appears to be a ghost town.

Indeed.  All the west coast beach towns are boarded up and deserted.  Maybe looking forward to the 22/23 High Season.  But hey!  Good time to dig up the streets.  Few people to bother.

• Thanks 1