Mysterious death of a very diligent factory worker found in bed with his phone on charge

webfact

7pm.jpg Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on the as yet unexplained death of a 30 year old factory worker at his flat in Si Racha.

Much was made of the dead man's diligence at work doing his normal shift and overtime at the Pin Thong industrial estate.

Yuphin, 54, the owner of some two story flats in Bung sub-district said that she was called by a work colleague who said they were very worried about Panya because he had not shown up for work.

Calls outside his locked room went unanswered and soon a rescue foundation were called who broke in and found Panya dead in bed.

They assessed he had been deceased for 12 hours.

There were no signs of a struggle and though he was lying on top of a phone being charged there were no marks on the body.

A relative of the victim said he had eaten with him on Sunday last when arrangements were made for him to go to an ordination ceremony in his Korat hometown on Friday. 

The victim was known as a diligent and quiet man who never missed a day of work and minded his own business. 

An autopsy is being conducted to determine the cause of death. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-18

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Spend an extra 100 Bht on a genuine charger helps

yeah or don't use it while its charging. sleeping on it in heat, maybe water from sweat or a power surge. quick google search and another case come up

A case in point: A 24-year-old factory worker in Thailand was found dead in his bedroom in 2019. His cell phone was plugged into the wall while he listened to music on his earbuds. For some unlucky reason, electricity surged into the phone, making contact with his ears. Police believe that a short circuit or a faulty charger was to blame.

12 hours ago, natway09 said:

Spend an extra 100 Bht on a genuine charger helps

Don't you get one with the phone... I only replace every few years but always have done. Nor do I take my phone to bed of course. 

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Yeah I did.. made in China!

Isn't everything.... I just like to think one with the OEM brand all over it would be of  a safe standard and hopefully genuine. (That said, I just checked my Samsung one, and it was made in Vietnam).

Edited by jacko45k

55 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Isn't everything.... I just like to think one with the OEM brand all over it would be of  a safe standard and hopefully genuine. (That said, I just checked my Samsung one, and it was made in Vietnam).

Made in Vietnam by whom?