Average price of beer in Thailand costs more than in Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Berlin and Washington: Study

webfact

Its important info for me. I dont care what beer costs in the shops, i havent bought a beer from a shop or drank at home for over a decade.

what interests me is the cost of beer in the bars. I decide all my holiday destinations on cost of beer and women. The strong baht is also a reason thailand has slipped down my preferred holiday destination list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Those who buy a 6 pack are paying for half a box of what 24 beers would normally cost you, so best to pay the extra $20 for the extra 12 beers on top of the other $20, 6 pack that you would have forked out $40, i.e. $40 for 12 beers buying them in 6 packs or $40 for 24 beers.

What regular oz beer is $40? You been away a long time right.

Of course any box beer is cheaper but without a car it's not always practical. I like to occasionally grab a 6pack and walk down to the beach. Carrying a carton might attract some unwanted new friends. ????

• Haha 2

Now retired the last thing I think about is the price of beer I drink the Chang a couple of big  bottles a night 

When I  go out to the restaurants the beer is fairly priced 

Here in Thailand

When you think of the cost in the UK pubs or London compared to Bangkok  ?

The same statement applies also on cars; for the price of a top range pick-up you get a middle class BMW or an upper class Japanese limo.
In addition to this you have to look, how long it takes a local to earn a beer or how many months/years they have to work for the same car model. 

Here it is clear, someone has to pay for the submarines of survival importance to the national security, which went sub-less for the last 55 years before and Prawatch‘s little toys on his arm most likely also did not come free; his deceased friend did not win them in the washing detergent lucky draw either .....

• Like 1

As above so below.  The only beer I really like here is Beerlao Dark. , best I can do is the other day I got a pack from Makro at 65B per bottle. Local off licence here it is 75B , ah but their 18 yo Sangsom is 160B . Reason for this is it is old ,18 years old so they have to sell it cheap which suits me.

Average price? This no doubt includes imported western beers which will push the average price up hugely, as most of them are obviously more expensive than local. Also there are many foreign labels to include and cost out, again pushing up the average.

What a non-survey. Thailand is great and still cheap for those of us that don't want to eat and drink in BKK's Soi 13 or whatever every day of the week. ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Beer lao dark is only 49 baht now in Tops, where do they get 149 baht from for a small bottle? one or two imports maybe.

read the article I believe they mentioned beer bought in a hotel, the last time I had a beer in the Landmark hotel on Suk. it was nearly 300b or 10.00 dollars for a glass of beer. So many cheap places to drink up to you

3 hours ago, madmen said:

I'm in Oz and a 6 pack of all local beer is around $20. Ridiculous! But the wines are silly cheap ????

I was thinking of comming to OZ,Better than going to a health farm.When i saw the prices of a beer and the small amount of food and high prices in restaurants.I thought i wont be drinking and very little eating from supermarkets.And going for long walks.Along those great beaches and trails for a month.I had some freinds from oz in thailand.They told me how they are <deleted> off with how expencive it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

In fairness though, a bottle of 100 Pipers whiskey is cheaper in Thailand than an equivalent bottle of 25 year old single malt scotch would be anywhere else in the world...

how can you compare the two, it's like comparing a quality soup to dishwater.