Average price of beer in Thailand costs more than in Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Berlin and Washington: Study

webfact

On 3/24/2021 at 5:14 AM, BritManToo said:

What does an attractive 30 year old wife/gf weighing 45Kg cost in the UK these days?

(Thailand 10Kbht/month)

What does a 1 bed apartment with pool access outside the living room window cost in the UK these days?

(Pattaya around 10Kbht/month)

pool.jpg

Nice to see such a refreshing attitude to women, relating a human to cost. How enlightened.

1 minute ago, stuandjulie said:

Nice to see such a refreshing attitude to women, relating a human to cost. How enlightened.

What does an attractive 30 year old wife/gf weighing 45Kg cost in the UK these days?

(Thailand 10Kbht/month).

What do they cost either in the UK or Thailand? Potentially? Everything you ever owned.

• 6 months later...
On 3/19/2021 at 6:49 AM, PatOngo said:

Guess what? I don't care!

Hahaha lol ????

What other forum topics do you visit, read, then interact with that you don't care about? Heck, your fingers must be on fire when you find a topic that really grabs your eyeballs. 

C'mon lad... get a grip of yourself ????

keyboard-warrier.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 7:59 AM, British Bulldog said:

hmmmm ... they seemed to have missed on Laos in this study, "Beer Lao" which won the Time Magazine award for the best beer in South East Asia some years back, still only cost us locals $10,68 for a box of 12 large bottles, equating to $0.89c per bottle (Hot or cold) or approx. 28 Baht a bottle ... of course you can pay more in a bar or fancy Hotel, but generally speaking, $1 or 31 Baht will get you a full sized icy cold bottle of beer served on the banks of the Mekong !  Carlsberg, Heineken, Tiger, and a few other local made brands, don't follow that far behind in price either (mainly because they are also brewed here ... for the Asian market)

Where you buying your Beer Lao? I need to try it.

I don't come to Thailand for cheap beer.

I can buy 30 Tuborg here in Denmark for 90 kroners which is approx 15 baht pr bottle.

If we just had the beaches, palms, warmth etc, i wouldn't have to leave Denmark ????

On 3/19/2021 at 7:53 AM, mr mr said:

and to think so many claim to come here for the cheap lifestyle. 

It's only housing and ready made food. Anything  labor intensive but quality? Everything else is now becoming par value.

BTS MRT

Auto purchase

Insurance

Quality medical

Clothing

Sports gear

Electronics

Imported foodstuffs

Domestic flights

Education

Medical product

Pharmaceutical (some)

Local products of poor value (beef, baked goods)

Another issue is Thailand is awash is counterfeits from alcohol to covid kits.

Good medical services are the same price less insurance - but if something goes wrong it's only the personal ethics of doctor, clinic, hospital to correct it. No legal recourse.

In the end it boils down to inexpensive and available companions for incels.

Don't look to Philippines!

On 3/19/2021 at 7:57 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Many here don't live in Bangkok, and a reasonable, affordable lifestyle is easily available elsewhere in the country, without paying ridiculous inflated prices. 

You pay the same in many cases especially shopping at big C, Tesco, etc.

Sizes, portions tend to be larger. So, you get more.

Small flat in Bangkok 6250 = house in Nakon Nowhere. Like that.

Outside city you also need dangerous motorbike and expensive cars. Maintenance, insurance. Maybe security cameras and whatever...this is just an old chestnut. It's probably more.

If you happen to be teaching living outside civilization will cost you 50% or more in wages if you have your act together. If not, prolly in the right place.

Edited by Chad3000

On 3/19/2021 at 7:54 AM, Orton Rd said:

Beer lao dark is only 49 baht now in Tops, where do they get 149 baht from for a small bottle? one or two imports maybe.

paid exactly that bkk av. price at a live rock music venue yesterday in Patong !

but wait, it wasnt just the beer I was paying for, was it …… same with having a Singha at a five star tropical hotel rooftop bar…. gonna be more than 711’s 29 baht now isn’t it…..not just buying beer to drink in the street or at home are we …..and that 5 star bar will be a way better experience than having that beer in Blackpool……..the obvious “added value” concept has somewhat evaded the article writer…….

On 4/10/2021 at 10:33 PM, stuandjulie said:

Quite. However realistically finding a 45 kg grown UK woman would be literally impossible. they probably start at 70 kg. with the std. chicken bucket diet. now an “attractive” UK 30 year old…… quite hard. and that isn’t an apartment…more of a shoebox.

On 3/18/2021 at 11:51 PM, Sugardaddyforsure said:

Super market prices in Spain! 9 Bht. For German beer, Thai beer we had (export quality natural like German) 12 Bht. Very good bottle of wine 105 Bht.  Look up at Lidl, Carrefour, Mercadona, Al campo, Aldi. Etc. Rest of shopping, far cheaper then in LOS. Same as renting an apartment on or near the beach. 

I looked at apartments online. I saw alot of very unappealing apartments and fincas for 1,000 euros, or more. Is it completely different on the ground in Spain and Portugal. Tens of thousands of us are contemplating a move. Tens of thousands of expats have already left.