Seven Thai men sentenced to death for execution style murder of Krabi family members in 2017

webfact

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

Sentenced to death and ordered to pay up to 2 millions baht ... Wonder how that works out? 

A British businessman called Roger Cooper wrote a book called 'Death plus ten years.' That was the sentence he received in Iran in the late 1980s.

• Like 1

Normally, I'm opposed to capital punishment but those convictions crumble when I contemplate the horror and terror the victims of these arrogant scum must have experienced in their last moments.

I find myself wishing for old "Khun Chavoret", the Last Executioner" to re-appear with his single machine gun loaded with 14 bullets and that the condemned be placed in a line and dispatched one at a time, with the leader: "Bung Fat" last to go.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

They terrorized the family before shooting eleven people execution style. Three - a mother and her daughters - survived. 

Don't waste a bullet on any of them, hang them all up from poles, but not before all from the village come out to spit on them and throw rotten tomatoes and the like at them, then douse petrol on them, and one by one, kick the chairs from under their feet and light them up at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Killing them in silence is just too good for them. Others who committed non violent crimes get to spend X years in Bangkok Hilton.... Yet these sick murderers will only suffer the moment previous to the bullet hitting their skull, or the drugs from the injection entering their bloodstream. 

Killing them in the middle of the town, like others suggested, is equally sick and disgusting for today's world. 

The best solution would be forced labor, making something productive for the rest of the society, until the day they die from over working whatever. That way they would really suffer for the crime they committed.

7 hours ago, dddave said:

Normally, I'm opposed to capital punishment but those convictions crumble when I contemplate the horror and terror the victims of these arrogant scum must have experienced in their last moments.

I find myself wishing for old "Khun Chavoret", the Last Executioner" to re-appear with his single machine gun loaded with 14 bullets and that the condemned be placed in a line and dispatched one at a time, with the leader: "Bung Fat" last to go.

A warning to all Thai citizens that there is a payback time .

On 3/19/2021 at 7:58 AM, RichardColeman said:
On 3/18/2021 at 9:33 PM, webfact said:

The seven men were also ordered to pay financial restitution to the families of all those killed in sums varying from 400,000 to 2 million baht. 

After being sentenced to death, what's the worst that could happen if they don't ? 

My guess is that the restitution edict will allow authorities to attach whatever assets they may leave behind.  Otherwise, their estates would probably just pass to their heirs.