Samui Airport to Phangan

Hi. I fly into Samui on Wednesday, flight arriving 3:05pm. I want to get over to Phangan, and end up at Haad Rin.

What is my best ferry option?

I see online that I can get Lomprayah, "Speed Boat departs from Pralarn Pier Koh Samui at 16:30 arrives Koh Phangan at 17:00."

Is that my best option?

Cheers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Om said:

Is that my best option?

Yes and it is probably your only option in the afternoon.

I don't think Haad Rin Queen from Big Buddha pier is operating right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Om said:

What is my best ferry option?

I see online that I can get Lomprayah, "Speed Boat departs from Pralarn Pier Koh Samui at 16:30 arrives Koh Phangan at 17:00."

Is that my best option?

To my knowledge Lomprayah, which only operates speed boats at the moment, departs from the pier in Maenam and arrives at Thong Sala. You better check departure and arrival piers, as there will be some ride from Thong Sala to Haad Rin on the other side of Phangan.

Haad Rin Queen is operating from their Bang Rak "Big Buddha" pier to Haad Rin, but I remember someone posted that they only have one trip a day. However on a Facebook page it says two trips a day, but serviced by speed boat...

129461314_3668883556466314_1873893233267

Bang Rak is only a short ride from Samui Airport, so you should be able to commute from the airport's arrival area to the pier, with car it takes less than 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies on this.

My guest house checked re the Haad Rin Queen, and their response was, "haadrin queen is not sure, have to check day by day ."

But at least I know there's Lomprayah, as a fall back, although I assume the taxi prices to Maenam will be feral. :)

Cheers.