The end is in sight: Thailand outlines plan for re-opening, target of no quarantine from 1 Oct

webfact

39 minutes ago, bolt said:

Bangkok Post Say's 7 days for vaccinated, I'm going to email 2 hotels and see what they say.

Yeah I've extracted my above info from Bangkok Post, but other reports say 7 days may only be brought in later depending on the situation.  Let us know what the hotels say.

1 hour ago, bermondburi said:

And can use swimming pool, walk around thy grounds etc. 

Won't appeal to tourists, but for those with loved ones in Thailand it's GREAT news. 

Makes a 3 week holiday viable for me which is easier to arrange, under the old rules I needed 6 weeks to make it worthwhile. 

Up to You.  To me it is a good news if Phase 3 - from 1 Oct is going to happen  ???? 

And can use swimming pool, walk around thy grounds etc. 

Won't appeal to tourists, but for those with loved ones in Thailand it's GREAT news. 

Makes a 3 week holiday viable for me which is easier to arrange, under the old rules I needed 6 weeks to make it worthwhile. 

Jeez. What's with the negativity. I think it's great news if it happens. Gonna make a big difference to me. 

In BP it says 7 days for the vaccinated from April 1st. 

Just what I was thinking. 

Negative Normans here. 

• Like 2

I can see their cunning plan. There is now data that suggests that someone living with a vaccinated person has a 33% decreased chance of capturing covid. No need to vaccinate the whole population then in Thailand, just the ugly ones thus saving the government millions. ????????????

1 hour ago, Spellforce said:

My mum bought her plane ticket for end of april, she is not vaccinated.

But what means the new 10 days quarantine ? 9, 10 or 11 night in the hotel ?

(untill now their 14 days quarantine = 15 nights in the hotel)

Nobody really knows yet . What visa did your mum get ?

The biggest risk is the one that the Press or Government can't/won't speculate or question - that Siam Bioscience can start producing 10million vaccines by June.

I would bet that they miss not only producing in June, but the quantity by a factor 10.

If Siam Bioscience fails, then October 1st is unlikely.

• Like 1

This is also dependent on Ministers Anutins latest schedule/plan. The Thai AZ plant will be in production & inoculating 10 million people a month with 60 million inoculated by the end of the year. As this is the latest plan, which was just revealed a week ago, doubts remain. If the local population is not vaccinated, or a good percentage not, they will have a collective meltdown and bung up travel.

That said, I'm looking forward to a couple weeks in Luang Prabang next December. I'll hold off booking though. 

Edited by LomSak27

20 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Apologies for not reading the thread.......but how do they/how will they know someone has actually been vaccinated?

Tick the box that asks that question 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I live in Laos, would love to make a shipping trip to BKK and spend lots of $$$.  But no way hose!  Thailand is a dangerous country right now, with Covid-19 cases a daily occurence and so many people without vaccination. It would be dreadful to think that I could bring Covid back to Laos, which has done so well compared to Thailand in keeping infections to a minimum....

I'm staying home and spending my money online....

Enjoy your house. 

17 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Never a mention of the return journey quarantine for the millions that they foresee are coming.

No problem for me. Self isolate at home for 48 hours, test, free to go the next day after negative result. 

Far more sensible than Thailand, and case numbers have been stable for 6 months now. 

The world doesn't end if people don't do 14 days quarantine 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I thought Tourism was dead, and here they are playing a reduced quarantine numbers game and hoping it brings in tourists for the High Season.  Well good luck on that one.  Wishing you luck and hoping after October 1st quarantine is gone.  Need a trip back to the US and I do not want to jump through all of the hoops and then quarantine before I can come back to my house I live in.....

the devil is in the little detail given " whether or not enough medical workers have been vaccinated".....so if tourism is a priority (or is it) wouldn't the medical workers be right up there in the first tranche of people to be vaccinated? 

2 hours ago, bermondburi said:

In BP it says 7 days for the vaccinated from April 1st. 

That would really help.. 10 days is better but still a long time.. 7 days isnt too bad, my first 5 or so went fast.. It was the last 5 which dragged. 

1 minute ago, LivinLOS said:

That would really help.. 10 days is better but still a long time.. 7 days isnt too bad, my first 5 or so went fast.. It was the last 5 which dragged. 

I found the opposite but I guess everyone's different. For me it got easier towards the end. 

42 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

This is also dependent on Ministers Anutins latest schedule/plan. The Thai AZ plant will be in production & inoculating 10 million people a month with 60 million inoculated by the end of the year. As this is the latest plan, which was just revealed a week ago, doubts remain. If the local population is not vaccinated, or a good percentage not, they will have a collective meltdown and bung up travel.

That said, I'm looking forward to a couple weeks in Luang Prabang next December. I'll hold off booking though. 

Welcome to town!  I'll buy you a beer if you come and visit here ????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Nothing wrong with being over-cautious but if you think 89 Covid deaths out of a population of nearly 70,000,000 is "dangerous", you going to be remaining in your home for a very long time!  Stay safe ????

It's not the deaths that concern me - it is the risk of taking that virus back with me to Laos and infecting the local population.  No thanks!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

I won't bet on all these plans. Their plans have been delayed or changed so many times in the past that nobody believe them now.

In the past, they proposed tourist bubble, then it was scrapped.

If the European countries find more adverse effects of Astrazeneca, then everything will be delayed again.

17,000,000 does administered for 37 people who developed blood clots.

0.0002%.

Wow i want the Astra Zeneca vaccinate so it can reduce my chances of a blood clot.

However, dont let the facts get in the way of your narrative. ????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, simon43 said:

It's not the deaths that concern me - it is the risk of taking that virus back with me to Laos and infecting the local population.  No thanks!

Laos still has strictly enforced quarantine requirements, so you should be fine.

9 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I think you'll find that the Thai-Lao border has been fairly relaxed as far as local cross border travel for locals has been concerned. Maybe not over the Friendship Bridge, but informal crossing. Plus I doubt you'd have much risk in Udorn if you wear a mask. I live in BKK and never wear a mask when outdoors, work in a busy office tower, eat lunch in shopping plazas etc. Much more Covid in BKK than the NE. Yet I flew to UK last week and have since tested negative here as well.

TG to UK was a slog though (big queue to check in, no booze served onboard, no inflight entertainment, even worse "food" than usual") ...

Get out and live a little!