Ringworm in dogs

One of our temple dogs has come down with ringworm, so we adopted her and brought her home so she wouldn't infect the other dogs. We took her to the vets and she was given  Ninazol  (ketoconazole), 200 mg  tablets.  Dose,  1/2  tab, every 12 hours. I also bought some Malaseb shampoo to use twice a week.

I've spent hours on the internet reading about fungus infections in dogs and I don't know what more I can do. For right now, just wait and see.

I'd like to know if anyone has treated a dog with ringworm and if so, what was the treatment and the results.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking through my vet book they are a  few drugs that can be used ,but are they available in Thailand.

The simplest for you would be Gentian Violet solution available from chemists .

Undecyenete ointment, Isosquinolinum chloride lotion would work ,but like I said  are  they're available here .

Before treatment  cut the hair from around the outside of the spores, clean the spores   ringworm spreads from the centre out ,so it is important to make sure the edges are well-dressed .

And beware, ringworm can spread to humans from animals , I had it once many years ago ,I was treating some cattle ,and it spread 

• 4 weeks later...