Replacing Wax Ring Under Toilet - What is a reasonable price to have fixed?

Thomas J

Toilet is leaking and need to replace wax ring and re-seal under toilet.  What is a reasonable cost and does anyone know a competent workman in the Pattaya area.  Please PM me if you have a name and phone number to suggest. 

1 hour ago, stubuzz said:

Most Thai toilets are fitted on a bed of grout. They do not use a wax ring.

And subsequently leak thru the grout and under the tiles exiting somewhere else. I had one repaired, B 800 and I supplied the wax ring and it was done as it should be, also be prepared to replace the toilet unit as it could fail being popped off the grout bed. 

If water is leaking out around the perimeter of the toilet it is likely not due to the wax ring.

Is it gas leaking and stinking (the wax ring) or water? (likely not the wax ring)

Are you sure the tank or a valve is not leaking and it just looks like it's coming from under to toilet?

As said most toilets are not bolted down with a wax ring as are on cement/tile rather than wood flooring bolt system is required for..  They are cemented in place along outer edge which provides a solid foundation.

In most cases this method works well for decades.  And can often be repaired if needed with some waterproof cement in any area of leakage without need for removal.

If bowl has to be removed it is a simple operation although if done with too much energy there is a risk to bowl but in most cases they are not damaged and Thai are used to doing and is not expensive.  

As mentioned be sure any water is not leakage from plumbing or spray hose or tank connection to bowl.  

• Like 1