Alcohol consumption: North has highest - Thailand tops beer charts

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the authorities in Thailand were trrying to reduce alcohol consumption by 10% by 2025. 

The carnage of the new increased speed limits will do easy the job.

For every drunk driver killed.... One less consumer.

32DBD2DF-30F5-491F-A58D-0A27B39239C7.jpeg

Edited by Tarteso
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I don't doubt it in Hua Hin they stack the empty Chang bottles up on the tables like a contest. 

I think you will find that is for billing purposes,so the owner knows how many beers each person has ordered ????????????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sambum said:

The media said that the authorities in Thailand were trrying to reduce alcohol consumption by 10% by 2025.

That won't go down well with Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi! (Owner of Chang Beer)

Oh well prices 20% up will be more than ok

• Haha 1

This is rubbish.i have been going thailand since 1985.and lived in thailand for 12 years.And have traveled over most of the country..were there are farangs.the consumption of beer is very high.Thai,s men and women drink some sort of whisky.very rare they drink beer.It is a fact that many die through drinking thai whisky.Which is clear in colour and very strong.So this article saying thai is wrong.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

What a misleading statement. It doesn't say any age range and Bht 21093 divided by 142 = Bht 148 per bottle of whatever size they want. 

I can only think of one or two places where they could get away with charging 148 baht for a bottle of beer! And they ain't in my home town! 

• Like 1

Something very wrong here with the basic sums.

Here, in a local.store, beer is 60 baht for Leo. Someone tries to sell it for 148, they would have no customers. As has been said, 142 bottles  is less than 1 bottle per day.  Lamphun province has a population of  405,955. Chiangmai has a population of 1,763,742...4 times more than Lamphun. Extrapolating, 4 times more drinkers...4 times more tax....?I

The article is flawed, the statements therein are likewise flawed. Same thing said twice, in case it was missed.....

In Chiang Rai they drink Lao and make fun of me for drinking beer.

I came up with a new recipe for this stuff: Lao Manow. 100ml Long Beach Lemon/Lime Syrup, 400ml water and 500ml Lao. It tastes like a Kamikaze shooter and makes the local hootch very palatable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Lightweights ! ????????????????

Is that Thai people only or every other Nationality in Thailand?   And if so, how did you clever people separate the Thai people from the Foreignors abd if you didnt separate them you figures are flawed like most of your data.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

What a misleading statement. It doesn't say any age range and Bht 21093 divided by 142 = Bht 148 per bottle of whatever size they want. 

Yes that's right, so it means everybody drinks large bottles of imported beer. I don't think so...

Posted by Rooster from Chiang Mai News it must be a local report. In my experience that means it is badly researched and the reporter is hopeless at maths.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, lordblackader said:

This isn't rocket science - Chiang Mai has far higher excise returns because CM is bigger. The population of the whole of Lamphun Province is under half of that of just the Chiang Mai metro area. 

I do think they have taken the number of people into account in calculating these figures, as poor as their maths normally is.

I suggest you don't apply for a job at NASA any time soon.