Alcohol consumption: North has highest - Thailand tops beer charts

rooster59

14 hours ago, Thomas Hannah said:

This is rubbish.i have been going thailand since 1985.and lived in thailand for 12 years.And have traveled over most of the country..were there are farangs.the consumption of beer is very high.Thai,s men and women drink some sort of whisky.very rare they drink beer.It is a fact that many die through drinking thai whisky.Which is clear in colour and very strong.So this article saying thai is wrong.

The reason locals drink whiskey, known as Lao Khao, is because it is cheap.

Several people can get drunk from one small bottle which is the same price, almost, as one large beer.

The tax is never raised on this 'whiskey Thai' as the locals call it.

A man in the next village died last week from over consumption which is a regular occurrence up here in Isaan.

9 hours ago, Andycoops said:

The reason locals drink whiskey, known as Lao Khao, is because it is cheap.

Several people can get drunk from one small bottle which is the same price, almost, as one large beer.

The tax is never raised on this 'whiskey Thai' as the locals call it.

A man in the next village died last week from over consumption which is a regular occurrence up here in Isaan.

You think i did not already know this.even those that drink better whisky.take it to a bar and pay for ice and a service charge.Thai,s are not beer drinkers.The reason he mentioned beer.\is so he will tax beer more.Knowing he is taxing the farangs.Read what i said.\\\\\\\\you cannot tell me anything about thailand.I also have a 10 year old son in isaan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Hannah said:

Thai,s are not beer drinkers.

You need to tell the producers of Chang & Singha ????

My local Mom & Pop store has a fridge full of a large selection of beers, not just Chang & Singha.  Whenever I stop by to pick some beers up, the locals are buying beers.  There's more to Thailand than some village in Isaan ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

You need to tell the producers of Chang & Singha ????

My local Mom & Pop store has a fridge full of a large selection of beers, not just Chang & Singha.  Whenever I stop by to pick some beers up, the locals are buying beers.  There's more to Thailand than some village in Isaan ????

My quote.was the same as saying the british drink tea.but some also drink coffee etc.I have been all over thailand not just isaan.And you may see thai,s drinking beer.But most drink whisky.You also said it yourself.you were going for beer.How do you know who was paying for the beer that thai,s were buying.Also i have found that its mainly leo.That the thais prefer to drink.Thai,s think beer is to expencive.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:05 AM, smedly said:

Expect an alcohol tax hike very soon

and this is how they do it every time - trying to justify another financial hit for the poorest in the country

the poorest will be drinking lao kao I think ????

18 hours ago, Thomas Hannah said:

Well ive been seeing thailand since 1985.And lived in thailand in many places for 12 years..

All about perception. I have lived here for over 13 years, traveled the length and breadth and hardly scratched the surface. Certainly not in a position to make definitive statements and question the experience of others.