Pattaya: Thai media takes aim at "nameless" authorities for digging up North Pattaya Road yet again.

rooster59

162061055_4051237368230500_5640084808613290005_o.jpg

Image: Sophon Cable TV

Thai media Sophon Cable TV questioned why North Pattaya Road was being dug up yet again.

The media didn't know who to blame as there was no sign, and no timeframe - no reason why the road had one lane out of use again. 

They said that the road is a main one used for people to access major shopping malls like Terminal 21 and Central, get to City Hall and for tourists to travel to the beach.

It had already been dug up to bury unsightly cables as part of the electrical authority plans. Then it was dug up again for more wires to be buried.

Now it has happened again.

People are saying to the authorities "Why can't you do it all in one go and be done with it?"

The media noted that huge sums of tax payers' money had been thrown at repair after repair and residents and people online had had enough. 

They went to the area and found no one about and no signage to explain why or how long it would last. 

Their report was unusually critical for Sophon though they didn't know who to direct their complaints to.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-20

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Big Pattaya boss says brother in law have construction business and need work.....????

Probably another's brother in law doing the work.

Next week, construction company reports on Sophon TV being down again!

• Like 1

I was just on North Pattaya a couple hours ago heading west.  Total gridlock.  What is so maddening is that perfectly good, smooth concrete road is being jackhammered up--there's absolutely no need for the work to be done on a road that was already done not that long ago.   Even more maddening, the city did not bother to temporarily close the parking lane so there could at least be another traffic lane while the work is going on.  And, of course, no adjustment to the traffic light cycle time to help with the long traffic backup.  As a further insult, a big piece of construction equipment  not even being used was parked at one of the intersection turning lanes, making things even worse.  

• Thanks 1

I wrote a month ago regarding the road work,  all they seem to be doing is ripping the top surface as in repaving!  but as we know how many times are they going to do this don't forget they tore it up to widen the lanes prior to opening T-21, they decided to do it again for the sidewalks drains, then of course the underground wiring.

Ask the fat mayor his office is right there he seems to have a vision for Pattaya,  Walking Street, sport center?  The list goes on but no one seem to know maybe check the Banks!????

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

Don't forget South Pattaya road, due to be finished December 2020. Pavement newly tiled at section between Third and Second roads, never finished, left with a gap between paving slabs and kerb edge and now big holes being dug into the pavers and they are all getting broken. Bets on whether or not they can find matching pavers or will they just leave it a mess as usual.

• Like 1

Pattaya Nua is impassable - so I have NEVER been to Terminal 21 - well named as Pattaya is in terminal decline. Pattaya Tai is semi impassable so I can't access ANY of the supermarkets down there (except with difficulty.)  Sukhumvit is a disaster area with road works up to the Ambassador.  Now I only shop round Kao Noi/Talo except when it's raining!

I think this is all wonderful news. More un-needed roadworks, more drainage construction, more sand for the beaches...non stop corruption. Why not more submarines? It's all good for me because the Thai baht will get weaker and the value of my pension will increase.

Check out Falling Down Michael Douglas movie." If you don't spend the money you got projected this year, you won't get the same amount next year". Same thing here around Kantharalak. They chop up the road, and then leave it for weeks to be paved, tearing up your tires and suspension. Might be time to crack down on the corruption one step at a time. No wonder the younger generation is demonstrating for changes. Time for those that don't belong to get ousted in favor of those that actually might do something for the people.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

They use to do this in my home country.  Electric, sewer, cable companies, city street maintenance.

All separate entities no coordination and each with reasons to dig up the roads.

Not sure about here.

The people that own the road are best placed to coordinate different works; the City Council.