Abu Garcia Reel Servicing.

ImageDude

Hi all, I am looking for recommendations for someone to professionally clean, service/repair and tune a couple of Abu Garcia multiplier reels here in Thailand. They have been serviced by an amateur and he hasn’t done a very good job on them. I am not interested in maybes, only ones that you are sure about because, so far I have been on a lot of 'try here, try there' wild goose chases. I am located in Chiang Rai but I am willing to post to anywhere in Thailand to get the job done, however Chiang Mai would be good if you know of anyone. But any help is appreciated guys. The Pure Fishing contact in Bangkok doesn't even bother to reply so that is a waste of time. Thanks. ID

Edited by ImageDude

Hi

For what it is worth; I have seen the mechanic service reels at 7seasproshop, Bangkok.

It looked very professional on a clean towel, lots of tools and all parts nicely lined up. It looked proper.

This is where I plan to service my Stella and Tiagra reels, when the time comes..

7 years old and still smooth as butter, so I have not serviced them yet. Only oiled them up 2-3 times and always fresh water rinse after salt water usage.

Maybe check on YouTube and see if the reels you have are easy to DIY service?

Thanks for the info, I contacted 7seas but didn't get any response from them, but they were not alone. I could attempt to service them myself, but these days my fingers are like a bunch of bananas! I would much prefer them to be in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing. All the big companies Abu/Penn etc. now come under the Pure Fishing umbrella. They have a contact in Bangkok but they have never answered any of my queries, be it by phone or email or facebook. Mai pen rai as they say.

I communicate with them via LINE and in English when I need some gear.

You can find the link to add LINE in the bottom of their homepage. 

Found this video on YouTube, posted by 7seasproshop.