Submerged water pumps installed to irrigate crops - What are '' B '' used for ?

I’m not sure this is the right place to post this , but here goes .

In the area where I live Ive noticed that some land owners who are growing crops have had tube wells with electric submerged pumps installed to irrigate their crops. Several of these water well / pump setups seem to be constructed in a different way that Ive noticed before .

The main tube into the ground is = A
I think C is to add a fertiliser to the pumped water .
I don’t know why B has been added ( Long extra non removable plastic tubes ) .

Any one know why / what those ‘’ B ‘’ Tubes are for ?

Thanks

PumpsFinal.jpg

Old Way.jpg

16 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Looks  more like a filter set to me, to keep small tubes from clogging. Multiples in parallel would lower the pressure requirements. 

The vertical larger blue pipes were all glued in place , I was thinking about some sort of filters but generally filters you can unscrew and clean out .

Pump2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bill Poster said:

The vertical larger blue pipes were all glued in place , I was thinking about some sort of filters but generally filters you can unscrew and clean out .

Pump2.jpg

True, it may just be to collect chunks of fertilizer until it dissolves. You are right, it is not the pro way to build stuff like this but TIT.

We have then in this area, I did ask once ,if you look irrigation systems most are on flat ground ,if the water is lifted  a few feet it gives the water some more head ,so it can travel farther down the lines ,

At this time farmers are watering cassava ,some fields are 500 meters long most systems are working on drip tapes  they  work on  low pressure,  as Pib's said a basic hydraulic system .

• Like 1