Too Thirsty?

ding

Thirsty for some sick attention... I have 36 years this month.

"Happy birthday to me". Yay! I'll be hitting lots of AA in Thailand pretty soon and can't wait. Hope to see some of you then.

image.png

you're still counting after 36 years of not drinking ? maybe time to let that part of life go. good on you for quitting but as far as i can see you are not a recovering anything.

You are recovered. :)

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mr mr said:

you're still counting after 36 years of not drinking ? maybe time to let that part of life go. good on you for quitting but as far as i can see you are not a recovering anything.

You are recovered. ????

The Big Book says all over the place that they found a program of recovery and had recovered from alcoholism after doing the 12 steps. Some guys have long term sobriety but have never really studied the simple text and have never understood that one can become recovered through doing all 12 steps. "Here are the steps we took which are suggested as a program of recovery"

Edited by likerdup1

On 3/20/2021 at 7:25 PM, likerdup1 said:

The Big Book says all over the place that they found a program of recovery and had recovered from alcoholism after doing the 12 steps. Some guys have long term sobriety but have never really studied the simple text and have never understood that one can become recovered through doing all 12 steps. "Here are the steps we took which are suggested as a program of recovery"

Yep, that'd be me! Not an expert on the Big Book, Recovery, Sponsorship... ad infinitum. I'm just good at not taking that first drink for a long time and having a really really good life.

????

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 7:36 PM, mr mr said:

You are recovered. ????

Unfortunately not. It is between 5-10%

It's not only that AA has a 5 to 10 percent success rate; if it was successful and was neutral the rest of the time, we'd say OK. But it's harmful to the 90 percent who don't do well. And it's harmful for several important reasons. One of them is that everyone believes that AA is the right treatment. AA is never wrong, according to AA. If you fail in AA, it's you that's failed.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:41 AM, Don Chance said:

Unfortunately not. It is between 5-10%

That's just not true. Sure, you can get a lot of people that claim, but most all of them MAKE THERE LIVING treating addicts and alcoholics or selling books about addition. 

First, AA has a zero percent rate of success in curing alcoholism. It is (as I understand it, and I speak only for myself) AA's position that alcoholism is a disease I have die with, but a disease that I do not have to die from. The people that sell you pills know this, but they can't tell the people they want to sell their pills this because: 1, People buying pills expect to be cured, and 2, If they told people AA's success rate was zero, the people they want to buy their pills would know they were lying.

A very large percentage of people are sent to AA as part of a court order and most of these people do not want to get sober, much less stay sober. They usually just want to get there court-card signed and be on their way, which is fine, but it's not fair counting them as part of AA's success rate. Neither is it fair to count people that come to get their spouse or insignificant other off their back, or come for some other reason besides a desire to stop drinking. Of course many of the people sent by the court or a spouse or what not do get sober and stay sober, but certainly that is a small percentage.

There are also people that go in and out of AA. They stay sober a few years, get their life back together and then get drunk for a while. They then come back for a few more years and start over. You (and the people that sell you pills) would count these people as AA failures, but clearly these people's lives are generally greatly improved by their association with AA and the periods sobriety they string together.

So the actual success rate of people that come to AA willingly, and that truly want to get sober and stay sober is much, much higher. That said, if something is killing you, how high does the success rate have to be to try something that is free and open to anyone?

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

That's just not true. Sure, you can get a lot of people that claim, but most all of them MAKE THERE LIVING treating addicts and alcoholics or selling books about addition. 

First, AA has a zero percent rate of success in curing alcoholism. It is (as I understand it, and I speak only for myself) AA's position that alcoholism is a disease I have die with, but a disease that I do not have to die from. The people that sell you pills know this, but they can't tell the people they want to sell their pills this because: 1, People buying pills expect to be cured, and 2, If they told people AA's success rate was zero, the people they want to buy their pills would know they were lying.

A very large percentage of people are sent to AA as part of a court order and most of these people do not want to get sober, much less stay sober. They usually just want to get there court-card signed and be on their way, which is fine, but it's not fair counting them as part of AA's success rate. Neither is it fair to count people that come to get their spouse or insignificant other off their back, or come for some other reason besides a desire to stop drinking. Of course many of the people sent by the court or a spouse or what not do get sober and stay sober, but certainly that is a small percentage.

There are also people that go in and out of AA. They stay sober a few years, get their life back together and then get drunk for a while. They then come back for a few more years and start over. You (and the people that sell you pills) would count these people as AA failures, but clearly these people's lives are generally greatly improved by their association with AA and the periods sobriety they string together.

So the actual success rate of people that come to AA willingly, and that truly want to get sober and stay sober is much, much higher. That said, if something is killing you, how high does the success rate have to be to try something that is free and open to anyone?

I already explained this to you and you are repeating yourself again as i have to repeat myself again. I provided a link to baclofentreatment.com  Did you read it?  It is written by a doctor in Australia.

Baclofen is not a patented drug, it is available as a generic, very cheap. $0.25 a day. Nobody is selling you the pills. It is free information only. You don't need to anything except take the meds everyday.

AA is the old way when there was no treatment. Now that has changed. People who take Baclofen will have 100% success rate. Baclofen treats the illness. AA does not.

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

I already explained this to you and you are repeating yourself again as i have to repeat myself again. I provided a link to baclofentreatment.com  Did you read it?  It is written by a doctor in Australia.

Baclofen is not a patented drug, it is available as a generic, very cheap. $0.25 a day. Nobody is selling you the pills. It is free information only. You don't need to anything except take the meds everyday.

AA is the old way when there was no treatment. Now that has changed. People who take Baclofen will have 100% success rate. Baclofen treats the illness. AA does not.

I repeated myself because you are repeating the 5-10% success rate of Alcoholics Anonymous lie. I explained to you why it is a lie, yet you continue posting the lie. You linked to a guy selling books as a source.

I happy for you that you have sobered up by taking pills, I think that great, but that would not really help me, as I needed a new life to go along with my newfound sobriety. I did not have a problem drinking. When I took a drink, all my problems went away.