Boy, 6, suffers serious injuries after man opens fire on pick up truck in Buriram

rooster59

buri.JPG

Image: Thairath

A six year old boy is in a critical condition in hospital after a man opened fire on a pick up truck in Buriram on Friday.

Police said the man shot at the vehicle because he thought the driver, the boy’s father, had been flirting with his wife.

The suspect who remains at large, approached the vehicle on a motorcycle before pulling up alongside and asking the driver “why have you been flirting with my wife?”.

He then opened fire, with police saying that twelve bullets were found inside the vehicle and 15 cartridges were found on the roadside.

The man’s two children were in the car - a 6 and a 4 year old. One of the bullets hit the 6 year old in the back and he was later rushed to Buriram Hospital where he remains in a critical condition.

The police think the shooting was a case of mistaken identity, Thairath reported.

The driver of the vehicle said he works at a nearby temple and does not have any conflicts with anyone. 

He said the vehicle he was driving belonged to one of the abbots from the temple. 

The man said he tried to plead with the gunman to stop shooting because children were in the car but he ignored him before fleeing on his motorbike. 

Police said they have identified the suspect but he remains at large. He is a 37 year old local man who was recently released from jail for drug offences.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-21

• Sad 7

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Too often, both here, and in my Scandinavian home country, I read in the news about criminals that has recently been released from jail and do yet another crime – perhaps it's better to keep criminals locked up...????

I follow your thinking but it depends on the crime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Too often, both here, and in my Scandinavian home country, I read in the news about criminals that has recently been released from jail and do yet another crime – perhaps it's better to keep criminals locked up...????

As a UK national I take my hat off to a USA three strikes and your out system ! Add carrying a knife into that and 25% of London could be locked away from the rest of the peace loving public

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police said they have identified the suspect but he remains at large. He is a 37 year old local man who was recently released from jail for drug offences.

Back to jail... best place for this madman.

• Like 1