12v recessed down lights for bathroom

STD Warehouse

Dang !  After looking at all that  I am still wonderin why  it is so imperative to have a 12v lighting in a bathroom.....unless it is  for a unit  with  metallic exterior within touching  distance ! Recessed  ceiling 12 volt units? If I was  searching  I'd be looking  at  marine  supplies  maybe.

1 minute ago, Nojohndoe said:

Dang !  After looking at all that  I am still wonderin why  it is so imperative to have a 12v lighting in a bathroom.....unless it is  for a unit  with  metallic exterior within touching  distance ! Recessed  ceiling 12 volt units? If I was  searching  I'd be looking  at  marine  supplies  maybe.

I just think its good to edge on the safe side in a location where there is water about. Im building a new house and for an extra few hundred baht per fitting to get 12v lights in the bathroom, i cant see why not to do this.

I know it's highly improbable to get a fault. But i have two young daughters and its pretty easy for them to pick up the toilet spray gun and aim it directly at the ceiling light, soaking the fitting and getting water all over the ceiling walls and floor. And yes it seems a IP65 fitting from a good manufacture should not get a fault and should be water proof, but I would rather just be double safe and spend a little more to convert it to 12v.

1 minute ago, STD Warehouse said:

I just think its good to edge on the safe side in a location where there is water about. Im building a new house and for an extra few hundred baht per fitting to get 12v lights in the bathroom, i cant see why not to do this.

I know it's highly improbable to get a fault. But i have two young daughters and its pretty easy for them to pick up the toilet spray gun and aim it directly at the ceiling light, soaking the fitting and getting water all over the ceiling walls and floor. And yes it seems a IP65 fitting from a good manufacture should not get a fault and should be water proof, but I would rather just be double safe and spend a little more to convert it to 12v.

As mentioned before would likely be much less trouble to have lights on the same RCCD that you use elsewhere or even a dedicated breaker type.  Nobody is likely to know how to repair if a light fails and you have 12v transformers.

4 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Ah Ok. Tho to be honest personally I would prefer a pressure/flow limiter on the bum gun as  alternative to that in greater consideration of rectal impact on general family members  rather than the possible deliberate vertical projection of water onto a 2.4 metre high target !  But tats  just  me .

20 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Ah Ok. Tho to be honest personally I would prefer a pressure/flow limiter on the bum gun as  alternative to that in greater consideration of rectal impact on general family members  rather than the possible deliberate vertical projection of water onto a 2.4 metre high target !  But tats  just  me .

yes rectal impact on family members is definitely a key consideration! lol