Bread Maker recipe.

YorkshireTyke

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

We haven't bought any bread since the first lockdown so thats over a year now, I asked the midget which brand of yeast she uses, "SAF INSTANT" Gold packet she buys from makro,

She's got it off to a fine art and likes making Italian breads  especially focaccia 

That's what we have, just need to find away to stop it being so heavy.

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Can you let us know how you get on with no oil ? Thanks Denim ????????

Roger that. Give me about a week. Still consuming last two despite the worsened taste.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 2:05 AM, YorkshireTyke said:

However, the results are not great, edible but not what I expected

That was going to be my first question......desperate for decent bread.......if you make any serious headway let me know.....please.

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

That was going to be my first question......desperate for decent bread.......if you make any serious headway let me know.....please.

It depends what you call decent bread, soft white is what you should be starting off with, whole wheat bread can be very difficult to get the required results.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, vogie said:

It depends what you call decent bread, soft white is what you should be starting off with, whole wheat bread can be very difficult to get the required results.

Definitely whole wheat for me......can tolerate white for toast.....the search goes on....though to be fair some of the bread in 7/11 isn't bad.

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Definitely whole wheat for me......can tolerate white for toast.....the search goes on....though to be fair some of the bread in 7/11 isn't bad.

You need a sweet tooth for 7/11 bread. Luckely I was brought up on Sunblest and when we came into money we started buying Warburtons. A bacon sandwich in Warburtons Toastie is the height of decadence.

• Like 1

Just now, vogie said:

You need a sweet tooth for 7/11 bread. Luckely I was brought up on Sunblest and when we came into money we started buying Warburtons. A bacon sandwich in Warburtons Toastie is the height of decadence.

Funny you should say that....the first thing I noticed was the sweetness......not so much now........that last sentence!!!!....my mouth is genuinely watering..........brown sauce...tomato sauce or no sauce???.....Tomato for me.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:01 AM, Golden Triangle said:

Can you let us know how you get on with no oil ? Thanks Denim ????????

Ok....just baked the next two. This time only a dessert spoon of oil .

Yes...I bottled it in the end and rather than use none I just put one dessert spoon in which was about one 6th of what I accidently used last time. I also added one extra heaped dessert spoon of brown sugar.

Result ...............delicious again.  Probably get away with no oil as even if it helps the bread rise I don't think it does much for the flavor.

While the oven was on I also popped in a pork loin marinated in moo deng sauce so that I can make my own Khao moo deng or noodles for an easy lunch. we had a plate each and the remainder went in the freezer ready sliced. Will do a lot more next time as the wife really liked it.

P_20210401_141819.jpg

P_20210401_130338.jpg

P_20210401_140122.jpg

P_20210401_140720 (1).jpg

• Like 1

Here you go, it looks convoluted but not impossible, I'll be giving it a go sometime soon ????

https://bakerbettie.com/how-to-make-a-sourdough-starter/

I spent quite a while reading this, looks like fun, I'll try the plain version 1st & then do one with seeds later ????????????

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info

On 3/29/2021 at 11:57 AM, vogie said:

Mothers Pride

On 3/29/2021 at 11:01 AM, YorkshireTyke said:

What is the best oil to use in your bread recipe ?

Doesn't make any difference at all.

I use soy cooking oil (40bht/ltr) most of the time, but have used coconut and olive when I ran out of soy.

No difference in taste or texture.

9 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I've made two loaves that started to rise but collapsed towards the end. Also most are a bit stodgy, not light.

What's going wrong?

You'd need to post the recipe to get an answer on that one.

At a guess your dough was too wet.

On 3/29/2021 at 11:11 AM, vogie said:

I don't think it matters, I've tried all oils and you won't notice any difference to the taste, it just helps to preserve the bread a little longer.

Afteral the French and the Italians are reputed to be the best bread makers in the world and they don't use oil at all, only flour, salt, yeast and water, but they do bake twice a day.

Agree!

On 3/22/2021 at 10:04 AM, BritManToo said:

255gm water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 20gm cooking oil, fill up with bread flour to a total weight of 750gm. Add 1.5 measures of yeast (I use Fermipan red).

If you don't add the sugar, the yeast doesn't work properly, yeast eats sugar. Lots of people think it's clever to miss out the sugar, then wonder why the bread didn't rise properly.

Cook on French  bread setting, medium colour. 

IMG_20190808_154248.jpg

How much yeast is 1.5 measures ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 10:04 AM, BritManToo said:

255gm water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 20gm cooking oil, fill up with bread flour to a total weight of 750gm. Add 1.5 measures of yeast (I use Fermipan red).

If you don't add the sugar, the yeast doesn't work properly, yeast eats sugar. Lots of people think it's clever to miss out the sugar, then wonder why the bread didn't rise properly.

Cook on French  bread setting, medium colour. 

IMG_20190808_154248.jpg

Thankyou BritManToo.

I followed your recipe and made my best loaf ever.

With the less amount of water it made the breadmaker jump about a bit.

I just replaced the broken drive belt from before and have a spare so good to go for a while now.

1631669258009.jpg

• Like 1