Pattaya leads the way: Area Hotel Quarantine begins at resort on April 1st, says Mayor

webfact

If Europeans want to have a holiday this year it looks like it will have to be a long-haul one. If such destinations can have more freedoms in place by the 3rd quarter of this year they may reap the dividends.

This initiative is a first step on the road. 

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Who in their right minds, free to go elsewhere in the world, would contemplate this?

I really don't get your comment.... firstly elsewhere in the world, where exactly do you mean? Many other countries are certainly not open to tourists. at all. Some people maybe don't venture out that much and to remain in the hotel when on holiday, for them that would not seem so disastrous. Someone planning to stay longer than a month or two. well this might not seem too bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I really don't get your comment.... firstly elsewhere in the world, where exactly do you mean? Many other countries are certainly not open to tourists. at all. Some people maybe don't venture out that much and to remain in the hotel when on holiday, for them that would not seem so disastrous. Someone planning to stay longer than a month or two. well this might not seem too bad. 

https://www.traveloffpath.com/countries-without-any-travel-restrictions-or-entry-requirements/

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well personally don't fancy Albania and Dominican Republic....(with what is going on on the West of the Island).... but there are only 6 options there, one or two ideas though. 

Albania is the future.........did you see we have signed another amazing trade deal?......It is worth, in total, what we pay Serco every two days for Test and Trace.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourists would spend three days in their rooms after tests before being allowed out in the grounds.

After more tests they would be free to visit the rest of Thailand after 15 days.

So the only change from what has been to what will be is a walk around the garden... quarantine still remains.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ExpatOne said:

Remote work is going to make travel a possibility for some. However, the people going to Pattaya are going to be disappointed when they arrive since the usual offerings are extremely limited.

nope - no shortage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t believe ThaiVisa’s wino’s have not asked the golden question yet....

If A Quarantinee can’t drink in ASQ, are they also preventing from boozing it up when at ‘area quarantine’ ??? 

As they they are ‘locked in’ hotel grounds, will ‘booze free Buddha days still apply ???

Think I’ve turned into a ThaVisa Wino !!! 

On a serious note - there area quarantine looks like a far better option than the standard ASQ for those who would be returning anyway.

But... there are just too many holes in the proposal, i.e. keeping track of guests etc 

It's mind-boggling the Herculean efforts being made to come up with these schemes that are likely to attract only handfuls of tourists and some long-term visitors.  Pity the effort is not being spent to get the vaccine program up and running--we still have the lackadaisical start of maybe, perhaps sometime in June.  Or, perhaps not.  Who knows.  No hurry--we have area quarantine on offer!  Whopee!

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, ExpatOne said:

Remote work is going to make travel a possibility for some. However, the people going to Pattaya are going to be disappointed when they arrive since the usual offerings are extremely limited.

In my experience the usual things are all on offer, but more on a scale to match the number of customers. Supply will move with demand.....

15 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

please tell me how many tourists will come in the area in one month. it should be easy to find out now, right?

If they have crystal balls perhaps. Only way I see is to survey all the incoming foreign tourists. Personally I feel the less transporting that is done prior to quarantine, the better. 

10 hours ago, stubuzz said:

What is to stop you walking out of the garden into the street?

Deportation? I wouldn't want to test immigration after being caught escaping the grounds or going AWOL but probably some idiot will