It's a 50 year record! 18 meter tapeworm found in patient in north east Thailand

webfact

17 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

they told you: "uncooked beef". It should works with pig too... maybe if you eat old and uncooked pig, you should loose weight quicker... You can also try to drink dirty water.

shock diiii

what if you happen to be an old pig? I'm asking for a friend. ????

Edited by Pilotman

49 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

what if you happen to be an old pig? I'm asking for a friend. ????

You are more courageous than me, so you should experiment first, and then, tell us back. I want to know... try for us, please. ????

I'm not old enough and far to motivate to become a pig, but...

probably old pigs are more subject to catching morpions and syphilis.

Edited by jerolamo

6 hours ago, natway09 said:

A lot to be said for 1 small tablet costing 19 Bht taken every 6 months by the whole family at the same time

Good idea, but keep in mind- sometimes the prophylactic dose just isn't enough.  There are infestations that require multiple pills over a few days.

11 hours ago, uktony said:

Uncooked Beef, and there I was thinking that Tape Worms had a life cycle that went through Pigs.

As I'm not an expert in such matters I did a little Google investigation. It turns out that 

raw or undercooked beef can lead to tapeworms.

I had a breakfast of raw beef and Leo one morning out in rural Ubon a few years ago so will 

continue my on line investigation to see what tapeworm symptoms may be!

6 hours ago, Morty T said:

Considering the complete lack of any type of hygiene in this country, this is not surprising 

Off topic but on my first visits to Thailand I was always impressed with the fragrant cleanliness

of the young ladies employed in certain establishments in Pattaya, so I would have to disagree with the assertion that there is a complete lack of hygiene in Thailand.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Remember you are what you eat, and always chew your food many times before you swallow with your mouth closed.

Good luck with the mouth closed, it's like looking into a Cement mixer most of the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adexbu said:

Cheese doesn't put <deleted>worms in your stomach !

Their food is ugly and they should learn it in 2021.

Cheese don't put worms in your stomach... but it does pile on the stones in your jeans !!!

EUVLAdpXQAATzdC.jpg

On 3/22/2021 at 5:55 PM, Bday Prang said:

In what way did they show "no respect"    in your opinion what respect was due ???

...its like they came home form a hunting expedition and are chortling over the length of it..it came out of a human being for goodness sakes!..dont you get it?

On 3/22/2021 at 8:06 AM, uktony said:

Uncooked Beef, and there I was thinking that Tape Worms had a life cycle that went through Pigs.

I thought that as well, but in the article they have identified it as Taenia saginata which is the beef tape worm found in undercooked beef and is exclusive to cattle. It is distinct from the pork tapeworm, Taenia Solium.
So don't eat undercooked hamburgers!

On 3/22/2021 at 3:06 PM, uktony said:

I agree pigs are the host, I seriously doubt beef was the cause, how often do you see beef on a northern menu? Pork on the other hand....