Russians Arrested for Visa-related Document Forgery

snoop1130

New-Project-2020-10-26T132013.02.jpg

BANGKOK, March 22 (TNA) – Police arrested two Russian nationals in Pattaya for allegedly forging documents for visa extension.

Pol Gen Visanu Prasarttong-Osoth, inspector-general of the Royal Thai Police Office, said police arrested Irina Prokacheva, 59, and Alexei Luptov, 63, at a house in Bang Lamung district.

There police found Thai banknotes, copies of passports and documents of Russian banks with the names of many Russians.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-660104

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-03-22

9 minutes ago, champers said:

Sounds like the comrades are agents. Considering that many Russians do not speak Thai or English, agents would provide a very useful service. I think there is more to this "story" than meets the eye.

Russians do speak English. In fact, there is a Russian Youtuber living in Thailand and speaks English.

• Haha 1

The suspects forged documents for their customers to present at the Russian embassy in Thailand to seek certificates that they could use to have their visas extended. They charged a customer 2,000 baht.

Most customers did not meet visa extension criteria. For example, Pol Gen Visanu said, they did not have at least 800,000 baht in their bank accounts or their monthly salary did not reach 65,000 baht.

there are many living here of various nationalities who do the same but with sanctioned agents, sounds like these pair forging bank statements to get embassy letters for customers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

in other news back handers for retirement extensions still actively encouraged..

I like to think of agents as just a police check tax. 

Most people using a THAI agent will probably be wisked off to the immigration office, photo taken and collect passport a while later. During that time the immigration dept can quite easily see if that person is wanted, has a fake passport or throws up any red flags. And they could be arrested. They are in fact just checking the person out - and you are paying to be checked out - expensively.

I doubt anyone that uses a THAI agent wants to draw attention to themselves.

It's the ones that do not get visa extensions - or use agents for them - that are the real issues for Thailand in my opinion

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

UPDATE:

Visa extension fraudsters: Further details emerge as Thai police go after Russian retirees who used service

1pm.jpg

Picture: INN news

The Thai police are going after Russians who used a fraudulent service provided by two compatriots to show they had money in the bank for visa extensions when they had none.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1210953-visa-extension-fraudsters-further-details-emerge-as-thai-police-go-after-russian-retirees-who-used-service/

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Most people using a THAI agent will probably be wisked off to the immigration office, photo taken and collect passport a while later. During that time the immigration dept can quite easily see if that person is wanted, has a fake passport or throws up any red flags. And they could be arrested. They are in fact just checking the person out - and you are paying to be checked out - expensively.

It's the ones that do not get visa extensions - or use agents for them - that are the real issues for Thailand in my opinion

So your logic is the people that go themself to immigration are the problem! Then if they were wanted they are arrested in person and be in any location having given their passport to an agent. Hhmm not sure what do the others think about this cunning observation?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

Is this different than the scores of guys using agents to fudge their visa documents? 

It's thousands. My friend gets his bank details forged by an English agent for under 20k. 

Some agents can do this openly, I wonder why? 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's thousands. My friend gets his bank details forged by an English agent for under 20k. 

Some agents can do this openly, I wonder why? 

The account has req funds on day of applying.its not forgery.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, champers said:

Sounds like the comrades are agents. Considering that many Russians do not speak Thai or English, agents would provide a very useful service. I think there is more to this "story" than meets the eye.

You are no doubt correct sir. There's always more to the story, due to limited police disclosure, and to the inherent lack of motivation of "reporters" who are likely little more than high school seniors writing for a school paper. If you're going to cheat, it pays to use experts with the established chain of brown envelopes. I suspect the Russians left someone out of that chain, or pi$$ed the wrong person off. Or they were rank amateurs painting targets on their own backs. No sympathy from me, the Russians are doing nothing for Thailand except taking up space and being generally unfriendly to everyone. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Actually i know quite a few people from  Singapore many of whom use agents. They are all here legally, some on work permits ect. I personally would have used an agent too because sometimes it makes things go smoother less stress. They check everything and if the immigration officer is unreasonable they will make sure its all ok. With elite visa for instance you get free agent (from elite visa) assistance. I am in and out in half an hour only looking at an immigration agent for like 5 minutes. The agent from elite does everything else for me. 

If i did not have elite I would not mind paying for such a stress less procedure. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

You are no doubt correct sir. There's always more to the story, due to limited police disclosure, and to the inherent lack of motivation of "reporters" who are likely little more than high school seniors writing for a school paper. If you're going to cheat, it pays to use experts with the established chain of brown envelopes. I suspect the Russians left someone out of that chain, or pi$$ed the wrong person off. Or they were rank amateurs painting targets on their own backs. No sympathy from me, the Russians are doing nothing for Thailand except taking up space and being generally unfriendly to everyone. 

Maybe... but without proof, this stay a special imagination. An imagination looking at Thailand to be so poor that there is huge corruption.

It may be the case some time ago, but i want to thinking (yes, even me with pink glasses or you with black glasses, as long as we have no proof, it is just sun glasses, isn't it a choice to just choose for the color of them ?) that in Thailand, there is many huge car on the expensive road (expensive because of the weather and rude seasons with a moving easy ground floor able to break a lot of infrastructures), and an economy who is going up comparatively to other nations (COVID fear season is an exception in this world... but they force me to wear my black glasses with that story time).

So... i think it should be difficult to corrupt police for a visa (not enough money back i think, but also, i want to think that they are pretty clean).

But what are the fact they exposed there ?

There is a story about uncovered conditions by customers that the agents illegally over-cover.  For 2000 THB.... how much cost the risk ?

It is not logic that there is corruption for this so little money back at high risk (even for agents or officials).

But, we don't really know.... i just want to show that there is also some other solution as sometimes, information is true, and i'm thinking it can be a situation.

Generaly, for situation were it is wrong facts, it goes long time to go out... and huge people are in trouble, they don't want to cover bad information feeling for the country (and i perfectly understand it as long as clean people don't want to loose face for other one not so clean... You know, just a moron in the team that does not clean stuff and who, of course, finished by getting a hand in the bag (it always finishes), so that people (often sweating frustration to be too often abused anywhere, from the commercial to the politician, in their everyday life and without being able to do anything, will seeing crooks everywhere, and that happens to me too, we normally very suspicious in This world with some crazy and some crooks exist and have more and more power and money) believe that the whole team is filled with dishonest morons (excluding it is not the case).
It's a shame when the others are automatically suspected and condemned for a single moron.

However, I think it's always better to do our tasks (especially when it goes with civil liability) ourselves. The only one i can understand to delegate it, is the diplomatic one only (because he has no time when he represent people or country, he is in charge).

So out of this exception, paid to delegate is something i have difficulty to understand (not the idea to practice this, but the reason why it is accepted), because we are talking about our own civil liability (in person), and we should be there for that as long as it is possible. I think that, to be able to paid for that is like...  a kind of unjustified power to run away our task or delegate them. (i know, some of you will jump and become haters to read this, but calm down, it is just an opinion, i do not pretend to provide the true, and even if you pretend to detain it, we don't, just an opinion who can be defended by logic, and i think, under the wood, it is the subject there).

Edited by jerolamo

2 hours ago, webfact said:

UPDATE:

Visa extension fraudsters: Further details emerge as Thai police go after Russian retirees who used service

1pm.jpg

Picture: INN news

The Thai police are going after Russians who used a fraudulent service provided by two compatriots to show they had money in the bank for visa extensions when they had none.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1210953-visa-extension-fraudsters-further-details-emerge-as-thai-police-go-after-russian-retirees-who-used-service/

So what they going to do......round up and kick out many of the very people that are contributing to the Pattaya and Jomtien economy in these lean times and drive the nails further into the coffin?????

• Like 2