Russians Arrested for Visa-related Document Forgery

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Why so? Think scaremonger! 

Do you know what these Thai "agents" that loiter outside the immigration office actually do?

For around 20K they will create a seasoned bank account for you to present to immigration, get false statements from the bank to back up the false account, close the account after you are done with it.....  These will be the toes that are being trod on by Russian "agents" doing exactly the same thing.

These Thai "agents" are different from the ones that have companies with staff just doing the service for people, collecting and submitting their documents on their clients behalf.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Do you know what these Thai "agents" that loiter outside the immigration office actually do?

For around 20K they will create a seasoned bank account for you to present to immigration, get false statements from the bank to back up the false account, close the account after you are done with it.....  These will be the toes that are being trod on by Russian "agents" doing exactly the same thing.

These Thai "agents" are different from the ones that have companies with staff just doing the service for people, collecting and submitting their documents on their clients behalf.

For around 20K they will create a seasoned bank account for you to present to immigration, get false statements from the bank to back up the false account, close the account after you are done with it.

Sure that goes on and most of us know it does, however, whereas the cost used to be about 20K, I think you'll find that it's way above that now, and the reason I know is because a friend of mine nearby was looking to go down that route and was quoted 35K for the "Full Monty"!!!

In the end he transferred the 800 K needed from his bank in the UK.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Total rubbish..as I said scaremonger.Why post this at all as you have no idea.Just how do you creat a seasoned bank account for example?Care to name a bank that’s involved?

18 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Total rubbish..as I said scaremonger.Why post this at all as you have no idea.Just how do you creat a seasoned bank account for example?Care to name a bank that’s involved?

Like i said, some people are so naive that this happens, read the many posts in this thread including the one above yours.

12 minutes ago, Olmate said:

So no idea then! OK.

Instead of berating me for your ignorance of the matter, why dont you go and talk to one of these "agents" outside immigration, get a quote from them and let them explain the process to you, then you will be fully enlightened and not naive anymore.

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I've a friend in Pattaya who pays about 20,000 baht to get his bank book fixed and a retirement extension . He naively believes he's doing nothing illegal, even after telling me there's an immigration officer in the bank! 

A lot of people here in denial, as far as I can see. Fair enough if you're OK with corruption, but don't complain about it elsewhere. 

I hope you have reported him........can't stand illegal immigrants.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

For around 20K they will create a seasoned bank account for you to present to immigration, get false statements from the bank to back up the false account, close the account after you are done with it.

Sure that goes on and most of us know it does,

Revisiting that post of mine, when I said that, "sure most of us know it goes on" (or words to that effect) I wasn't meaning to verify that process of false statements from the bank and false accounts being produced, just that somehow people without the funds can get their retirement extensions – – and I believe that relates to the authority of the Chief immigration Officer in the office "rubberstamping" the application, as I said previously.

I've often thought about this process whereby it is said that a false bank account is opened, statements are produced, they are signed by a bank officer, and everything is closed afterwards, because it seems that it involves too many people and too much corruption (applicant, agent, immigration officer, bank officer and of course the bank itself).

So I'm not sure that this happens, more that an application is signed off at the top level for whatever reason (use your imagination) and bank paperwork etc is not needed......that seems more feasible. However having never done it, I really don't know so it is just hearsay and supposition

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Revisiting that post of mine, when I said that, "sure most of us know it goes on" (or words to that effect) I wasn't meaning to verify that process of false statements from the bank and false accounts being produced, just that somehow people without the funds can get their retirement extensions – – and I believe that relates to the authority of the Chief immigration Officer in the office "rubberstamping" the application, as I said previously.

I've often thought about this process whereby it is said that a false bank account is opened, statements are produced, they are signed by a bank officer, and everything is closed afterwards, because it seems that it involves too many people and too much corruption (applicant, agent, immigration officer, bank officer and of course the bank itself).

So I'm not sure that this happens, more that an application is signed off at the top level for whatever reason (use your imagination) and bank paperwork etc is not needed......that seems more feasible. However having never done it, I really don't know so it is just hearsay and supposition

Why so complex.Someone loans u the 800k puts it in your bank ac.io waives seasoning.pay back with costs.job done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olmate said:

Why so complex.Someone loans u the 800k puts it in your bank ac.io waives seasoning.pay back with costs.job done.

Sounds simple the way that you put it, however somebody at the bank has to sign a piece of paper which says that the money has been in the bank for "X" amount of time, also perhaps falsify docs to show this so in effect they have to lie?

Then of course somebody at the I/O has to be in on it, and if it is the head honcho then he doesn't have to go through all of this rigmarole with the applicant, because he can sign everything off anyway?

Not quite sure how it all works, but it would be good to know from somebody who's actually "got a friend who's done it"!

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

Sounds simple the way that you put it, however somebody at the bank has to sign a piece of paper which says that the money has been in the bank for "X" amount of time, also perhaps falsify docs to show this so in effect they have to lie?

No they don't..... I believe the bank letter simply confirms the account details and balance at that time and does not support the seasoning aspect. The 800k is usually only in there for a short time. 

On 3/23/2021 at 11:05 AM, Neeranam said:

I've a friend in Pattaya who pays about 20,000 baht to get his bank book fixed and a retirement extension . He naively believes he's doing nothing illegal, even after telling me there's an immigration officer in the bank! 

A lot of people here in denial, as far as I can see. Fair enough if you're OK with corruption, but don't complain about it elsewhere. 

I don't believe.....that you have any friends at all.

He is "your friend" but you are here throwing him under the bus to make yourself look holier-than-thou? Low.