What 55" TV to buy from Lazada

lassebasse

I am looking for recommendations of which 55" TV to buy online here in Thailand. I have been looking at Lazada but the choices of "searchfilters" is so limited that you get to many to choose from. What I am looking for is not to complicated, it will be used for cable-TV, looking at DVD's and maybe most important is having a Playstation connected which means good resolution and update speed. I do not really need any special Smart-TV functions. 

5 minutes ago, petermik said:

I bought an ex-demo (6 months old) Samsung 55" Smart TV from Powerbuy 4 months ago for half price (9,999) against new....gave me a 12 month warranty also...bargains to be had if you care to shop around these days.

Exactly...we bought an Electrolux Washing Machine for 12,000 baht...just because  it was a display unit (never had water inside or pump activated)...original price 32,000 baht. Brand new with same warranty.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, petermik said:
28 minutes ago, tonray said:

Go to Power Mall / Power Buy and see which ones you like best....quite likely the prices will be identical to Lazada's anyway.

I bought an ex-demo (6 months old) Samsung 55" Smart TV from Powerbuy 4 months ago for half price (9,999) against new....gave me a 12 month warranty also...bargains to be had if you care to shop around these days.

Powerbuy prices not even close to what you pay online.

Plenty of new 55" LED's from the big brands for around 10K

https://www.luckydigital.co.th/LED_Und_TV_Und_55_Und_นิ้ว:!LG_Und_LED_Und_TV_Und_55_Und_นิ้ว

And if you search the major online dealers, you will find some models cheaper than in my link

27 minutes ago, petermik said:

Not sure I'd want a TV that's been on for 14hrs/day for 6 months.

Samsung has a high fail factor as well, my Samsung 55" ailed after 15 months, 2000bht repair, failed again  at 18 months, told it couldn't be repaired. I'll never buy another Samsung product, I'm happy with LG now.

I bought a 60" LG from Lazada with a 3 year warranty, works fine with my Xbox 360 and my computer. It also has an app to run HBOgo straight from the internet, which Samsung doesn't have.

If I were buying today, it'd be this one, 75" for 30kbht

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/lg-4k-smart-tv-uhd-75un7200-4k-active-hdr-75-by-av-value-i1332042005-s3327076501.html

Edited by BritManToo

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Samsung has a high fail factor as well, my Samsung 55" ailed after 15 months, 2000bht repair, failed again  at 18 months, told it couldn't be repaired. I'll never buy another Samsung product, I'm happy with LG now.

Unlucky...time will tell if I made the right choice...the one I bought is down in our house in the south of Thailand which we visit each month for 10 days and only goes on after 7pm for 3/4 hours so little use really and the majority of the time we watch movies through a USB flash drive...great picture and sound quality....:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Exactly. Ten years ago display models were a deal, because tv's were built to last.

These days everyone wants cheap and the latest functions, and by building them so they have to be replaced every 3 years is the only way to offer them cheap

40 minutes ago, Susco said:

Powerbuy prices not even close to what you pay online.

Plenty of new 55" LED's from the big brands for around 10K

https://www.luckydigital.co.th/LED_Und_TV_Und_55_Und_นิ้ว:!LG_Und_LED_Und_TV_Und_55_Und_นิ้ว

And if you search the major online dealers, you will find some models cheaper than in my link

Not even close to honoring warranty if 'gray' market (unauthorized) vendors too.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Not even close to honoring warranty if 'gray' market (unauthorized) vendors too.

And who said this is an unauthorized dealer?

Look what it says on the website. Sorry to disappoint you.

image.png.79a8f3a99d0ac3a41d3b70f592024022.png