Pattaya sandbox: Proposal to allow foreign tourists to stay in resort without quarantine

webfact

Keep it simple stupid...it’s becoming way too complicated with this and that...can’t expect to have so many different rules and regulations for different areas...

vaccinate your damn people and allow all vaccinated people in w/o quarantine and allowed to go anywhere at anytime...

setting themselves up for a mess otherwise...

Edited by cardinalblue

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Naïve and unresearched comment. 

AZD1222 demonstrated statistically significant vaccine efficacy of 78.9% in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 

You should research more.  

The purpose of the vaccination is so the symptoms of covid do not get to the fatal stages.

You can still catch covid and still spread covid after being vaccinated. In any case, what of the 20% lack of efficiency?    

16 hours ago, Leaver said:

You should research more.  

The purpose of the vaccination is so the symptoms of covid do not get to the fatal stages.

You can still catch covid and still spread covid after being vaccinated. In any case, what of the 20% lack of efficiency?    

Ah, moving the goalposts. You originally said it was to only stop people dying, now you change that to getting sick. The purpose is to reduce symptomatic infections. 

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Ah, moving the goalposts. You originally said it was to only stop people dying, now you change that to getting sick. The purpose is to reduce symptomatic infections. 

Someone with "reduced symptomatic infection" can still spread the disease.  Right?  So, a vaccinated individual can spread the disease to a non-vaccinated individual with potentially fatal consequences, either to that individual, or their contacts. 

Edited by Leaver

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The end result is the same... significantly less deaths. When you get vaccinated, it will slow down the progression of the virus. It reduces the viral load from an infection significantly. Less virus means less symptoms, you won’t die, and less chance of it spreading.

How many times have you had phlegm (body is fighting an infection), but you feel perfectly fine? Same concept. 

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Someone with "reduced symptomatic infection" can still spread the disease.  Right?  So, a vaccinated individual can spread the disease to a non-vaccinated individual with potentially fatal consequences, either to that individual, or their contacts. 

I have not read data that confirms or denies this yet. But have seen reports out of both UK and Israel suggesting innoculated people have a much reduced likelihood of systematic infections.  It would seem clear that people with less or zero symptoms would be coughing and sneezing less. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 11:35 AM, webfact said:

Sandbox is a term often reserved for what children play in, notes Thaivisa.

ha ha ha....................................what about the Thais playing in the sand box too will they be allowed out and about later?

On 3/29/2021 at 5:50 AM, jacko45k said:

I have not read data that confirms or denies this yet. But have seen reports out of both UK and Israel suggesting innoculated people have a much reduced likelihood of systematic infections.  It would seem clear that people with less or zero symptoms would be coughing and sneezing less. 

There within lays the problem. 

"much reduced likelihood" is not zero.  

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

There within lays the problem. 

"much reduced likelihood" is not zero.  

I suspect a risk reduced from 1 in 5, to say 1 in 5000 is much improved despite not being zero!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect a risk reduced from 1 in 5, to say 1 in 5000 is much improved despite not being zero!

Let's say just 1 million tourists come to Thailand.  On the ratio of 1 in 5000, that's 200 potentially infected tourists.  

Even if we say only 10% of that 200 are infected, that's 20 infected tourists traveling to different destinations within Thailand.  

We saw what a few returning gamblers and hookers did.  

Edited by Leaver

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

On the ratio of 1 in 5000

One in 5000 was a number I pulled from a hat.... and you ridiculously used it without basis for fear mongering. There is no doubt that even one or two infected people can be the start of a pandemic...  best we don't pack them into a sports stadium or gambling den straight away. 

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

One in 5000 was a number I pulled from a hat.... and you ridiculously used it without basis for fear mongering. There is no doubt that even one or two infected people can be the start of a pandemic...  best we don't pack them into a sports stadium or gambling den straight away. 

I know it was a random number, I used it just to show the example that if only a small percentage of tourists to Thailand arrived within the window period of catching covid, despite being vaccinated,  the virus could spread like wildfire across an unvaccinated Thai population.  

On 3/28/2021 at 5:28 PM, Leaver said:

You have a link from a medical source? I haven't read anything definitive stating that yet.