TAT to propose “Sandbox” travel bubble model to the CCSA this Friday

webfact

24 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I don't understand.

Either , vaccinated people were safe, and as such should be allowed everywhere without quarantine, or they are not and should quarantine . 

How are they safe in Phuket but not in Khon Kaen, or any other place ? 

Stop making announcements and make a damn decision. 

There is a misunderstanding I guess. People with vaccination can have the virus. They MIGHT not get sick and if they get sick they MIGHT not develop severe symptoms. Vaccination is not a 100 percent guarantee for anything. 

• Like 2

A "sandbox" IS a quarantine.  If people are vaccinated, then why continue to require quarantines regardless of what they are called.
Well - unless the vaccines that are being touted as "vaccines" don't actually keep people from contracting and spreading Covid. ????

So - which is it?  If vaccines are as effective as their manufacturers claim, then there should be no need for "sandbox" quarantines.
As long as tourists are fenced and guarded and their travel restricted by force - Thailand isn't going to be a choice place to come to.
If you want tourist to come Thailand, then emulate Mexico - no travel restrictions (or restrictions on when you can drink a vacation beer) and the welcome mat is rolled out.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Oldie said:

There is a misunderstanding I guess. People with vaccination can have the virus. They MIGHT not get sick and if they get sick they MIGHT not develop severe symptoms. Vaccination is not a 100 percent guarantee for anything. 

If that is true , and I don't agree that it is, but that's a different argument.

Then it is also not safe for Phuket also .  or are people in Phuket expendable or have a superpowered that protect them from covid.? 

Edited by sirineou

11 hours ago, Oldie said:

I agree. Vaccination has been proven to be extremely effective in protecting individuals from serious illness and death. What's not known at this point, is whether those who have been vaccinated are capable of carrying and transmitting the virus to others, and if so, for how long after exposure.

• Like 2