Dolphin was dead prior to being slashed, officials confirm

webfact

1616489336_1-org.jpg

The dead dolphin with slash wounds aground the rocks at Sirinath National Park last Wednesday (Mar 17). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub.

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Sirinath National Park officers confirmed today (Mar 23) that the spotted dolphin found dead with severe slash wounds across its body last week was actually dead before any cuts had been inflicted.

The body of the female dolphin was found on the rocks in the Sakhu section of the national park last Wednesday (Mar 17) with deep cuts across the back of its head and another long gash all the way to its tail.

Initially it was believed that the wounds and the subsequent death of the dolphin had been administered by humans, a suspicion enhanced when a local resident reported to police seeing four Myanmar nationals in the area, one of whom was carrying a blood-stained knife, who fled when he confronted them.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/dolphin-was-dead-prior-to-being-slashed-officials-confirm-79442.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-03-23

How can they possibly know it was dead before been slashed all

along its body ,sounds like a propeller took it out. or 4 Burmese with a bloody knife ........

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

How can they possibly know it was dead before been slashed all

along its body ,sounds like a propeller took it out. or 4 Burmese with a bloody knife ........

regards Worgeordie

I guess autopsies are just a waste of time and money then. Apparently they can't reveal any difference anyway. Right?

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I guess autopsies are just a waste of time and money then. Apparently they can't reveal any difference anyway. Right?

I missed the part where the said they did an autopsy, they just said,they examined it,and

it died of a disease, no mention what disease.

regards worgeordie

Looks like someone was in the middle of fileting it when they were rudely interrupted.

I'm curious how they knew the 4 were Myanmar nationals.  Maybe because Thais would never... 

Has a familiar ring to it.  Where have I heard that before?

• Like 1