Flights anywhere in Australia to Bangkok

madmen

18 hours ago, madmen said:

I tried them Sydney BKK several dates over next few months but keep getting no flights available 

Try May 17th, seems to be bookable on SIA website, fare starting at $640 (Aus).

Passengers departing from Australia on SIA are approved for transit in Singapore. Only other option seems to be Cathay as noted above. 

23 hours ago, madmen said:

I tried them Sydney BKK several dates over next few months but keep getting no flights available 

image.png.500346d2cf37d6007f32e5afab522162.png

Here's one for tomorrow.  However when it was discussed recently the poster said he couldn't pull them up on the SIA website either and had to call in so you're not alone.

28 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Isn't Australia still on a no fly overseas restriction without some type of government permission?

That's correct.

It took me two attempts to get permission to leave in May. 

On 3/25/2021 at 10:11 PM, bkk6060 said:

Isn't Australia still on a no fly overseas restriction without some type of government permission?

I got my permission on the first attempt. Dual national, not intending to return to Australia anytime soon.

On 3/25/2021 at 10:41 PM, ozfarang said:

That's correct.

It took me two attempts to get permission to leave in May. 

May i ask the reason for travel by which you applied for?

Im wondering if anyone has actually been granted the permission to leave by way of de-facto and/or long history with living in Thailand with a Thai national?

Under Aus law  defacto holds the same legal repercussions as marriage, after so long living together in Aus.

but i guess that only applies for family law, or if the guy is getting bitten in a property settlement.

Being Australia, i guess

you would'nt expect any favours if the defacto case was pleaded in this travel situation..

or indeed, in any other way that might benefit the male of the relationship.????

3 minutes ago, pookondee said:

May i ask the reason for travel by which you applied for?

Intend to leave the country for 3 months or more was my reason in the application

Also I was living in Thailand prior to Covid and shipped all my belongings to Thailand years earlier. I am married to a Thai National who is still in Thailand so we have been separated for  quiet a while now. This reason may have helped my case.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

Intend to leave the country for 3 months or more was my reason in the application

Also I was living in Thailand prior to Covid and shipped all my belongings to Thailand years earlier. I am married to a Thai National who is still in Thailand so we have been separated for  quiet a while now. This reason may have helped my case.

Ok thanks for the reply.

No doubt, you provided the marriage certificate proof?

Im guessing that proof was the no.1 deciding factor, and the intent not to return within 3 months just cemented it.

So i guess us Aussie guys trapped in Australia who chose not to marry Thai long-term gfs are now suffering for that decision.

Who would have never seen that coming?

Although in my case, im not sure i would of married anyway, just to be there now, even in hindsight.

And my few Aussie contacts left in Thailand seem to give off the vibe that Thailand hasnt been much fun since Covid anyway.

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

Ok thanks for the reply.

No doubt, you provided the marriage certificate proof?

Im guessing that proof was the no.1 deciding factor, and the intent not to return within 3 months just cemented it.

Yes, marriage certificate was required. The fact that I had no intention of returning to Australia anytime in the foreseeable future was the deciding factor in granting the exemption to leave. Also I provided copies of the freight company that moved my belongings to Thailand to prove that I had actually moved from Australia.

If you are keen on leaving Australia whilst restrictions are in place just keep trying. I know people who have applied 3 or 4 times until they were successful.

As I understand it if your passport shows that you have been outside Australia for more than 50% of the time over the previous 24 months then you are exempt from applying for permission. This is the route I intend to take in July. Ie in Thailand all of 2020 and out of Australia 3 months in the second half of 2019