What goes on inside 'Karaoke' bars in cities within the Issan region? Is it all just singing or more?

jack71

I recently did a tour of the North East and visited many cities in Isan. Driving around some of these cities at night time I noticed several bars with pretty ladies wearing bikinis sitting outside Karaoke bars. I cant sing to save my life and can't speak Thai very well either. Thus I didn't have the courage to go into one of them during my holiday.

If you  have ever recently frequented one of these establishments could you tell me what goes on inside? What are the costs? Are they just legit singing bars or glorified knock up shops?

thanks

• Haha 2

I've been to a few. From what I can see it's like a rent a friend for thais where they can sit with a girl, buy her drinks and feel like a big man. Always been surprised at the drink prices, 80 baht for a big Leo. And you or the girl can have a sing. Don't be frightened to go in and have a look. Anytime I went I was hammered but had a good laugh. I think the girls are sometimes avail if they fancy you but takeaway, never seen a place with rooms although I think the farther you get out of town anything's possible. This is the training ground for many of the girls who end up in the farang bars. Expect them to be fairly shy / standoffish with little or no English as they will be under the assumption all farang are sadists with 15" schlongs lol. Definitely give it a try tho. Always felt relaxed and welcomed and never got ripped off which is more than U cud say for many farang bars. I cud think of worse places to be

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 8:35 PM, Kenny202 said:

This is the training ground for many of the girls who end up in the farang bars.

I don't think so, the girls that end up in farang bars are the ugly, older ones, usually with skin too dark for the Thai man. 

• Haha 1