Walled Community Juristic Entity - Are there income reporting requirements for employees?

I ran several businesses in the USA.  As an employer I was required to withhold  taxes remit them to the government and do quarterly filings of who the money I was remitting was taxes for.  This was done for both income tax purposes and for determining the ultimate social security benefits an employee would receive. 

If a community with a Juristic Entity has employees.  Are they required to have some form of employment contract and is their any registration or reporting of the employee and their income to the Thai government. 

What about independent contractors.  Lets say someone who periodically comes in to do pool maintenance or landscaping.  In the USA I had to report also those contractors to whom I paid more than $600 USD to in one calendar year. 

If there is reporting, what is required and who does the reporting go to? 

I would suggest that you are overthinking this.  In our Mooban, we employ a security firm and a gardening company.  The owners of those companies take care of contracts and taxation of their employees.  I have a running three month contract with my pool man and he takes care of all the employment issues pertaining to his staff.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, khm2412 said:

I would suggest that you are overthinking this.  In our Mooban, we employ a security firm and a gardening company.  The owners of those companies take care of contracts and taxation of their employees.  I have a running three month contract with my pool man and he takes care of all the employment issues pertaining to his staff.

I am not saying there should be.  I am merely asking if there are laws that our village 'SHOULD BE" following.  I would "think" that Thailand much like any country requires income reporting for tax purposes.   In the USA and I am not saying this is true here in Thailand, hiring that security firm would mean the reporting of payments to the security firm.  That security firm in turn would have the duty to report wages paid to its employees.  That way the government knows how much income the security firm is getting from its customers and the wage reports identify the income the workers should be paying taxes on.  

Again, if there is no requirement, fine.  Just wondering to make sure the village is following the laws. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Again, if there is no requirement, fine.  Just wondering to make sure the village is following the laws. 

as far as I can tell, Thailand has many laws but enforcement and controlling is weak in many areas, which explains why, from my point of view, the vast majority of Thailand's economy is operating illegally, in one way or another.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tgw said:

as far as I can tell, Thailand has many laws but enforcement and controlling is weak in many areas, which explains why, from my point of view, the vast majority of Thailand's economy is operating illegally, in one way or another.

Yes weak until someone comes along and wants to push the issue.  I have heard that this is the case with company owned homes.  Many times they were formed with straw buyers to show Thai ownership but in truth they were just names on a piece of paper.  In recent years there supposedly is a push to make sure that a company owned property has shareholders that truly know each other and have an invested interest in the company rather than just those paid 1,000 thb to put their name on the paper by the lawyer. 

1 minute ago, Thomas J said:

Yes weak until someone comes along and wants to push the issue.  I have heard that this is the case with company owned homes.  Many times they were formed with straw buyers to show Thai ownership but in truth they were just names on a piece of paper.  In recent years there supposedly is a push to make sure that a company owned property has shareholders that truly know each other and have an invested interest in the company rather than just those paid 1,000 thb to put their name on the paper by the lawyer. 

I can't say that is the case. From what I know, company-owned homes are left alone, unless they are part of a money-making scheme such as flipping properties or renting them out, or part of a de-facto foreign-owned development and if indeed *someone* wants to push the issue. That is the kind of thing they are after.
As far as I know, there is no government push to crackdown on small properties that are individually owned with the sole purpose of habitation by the owner's family.