ThaiVisa stuck?

ezzra

It seems that this site is somehow stuck on the same topics for well over 3 days now with the same layouts and no new topics

or new notifications, also the dates and times of all the the posts differ from the front page to the actual article,

or could it be an issue because i'm accessing the site from overseas?...

Some times when it gets stuck, I close the page and then open it again and it works fine.

But as Crossy said , Clear your browsing data, if you have not done it for a while you be surprised how much stuff is in there from all the  sites you have visited. If you are using Chrome  They are under "settings" . then look for "Privacy and Security"  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Has TVF been abandoned ?, nothing really happening in last few days,

cleared my cache ,cookies and it is still just the same,

regards worgeordie

That's odd, how do you browse the site normally?

I just use the "View new content" stream (filtered by "unread") and it's certainly chugging along at it's usual pace. For example, posts made in the past 10 minutes I haven't read:

334354225_View-New-Content-Thailand-Visa-Forum-by-Thai-Visa(1).png.562f1712150e6a894052a1ccdbe40803.png

Edited by Salerno
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Has TVF been abandoned ?, nothing really happening in last few days,

cleared my cache ,cookies and it is still just the same,

regards worgeordie

Cleared your cookies?

Now, I'm on my last chocolates too.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Just found something interesting. I opened Thai Visa Forum in a different browser. When it first opened, I got an updated list of threads in Topics and Popular Now.

After reading one thread and checking my notifications however, both those sections reverted to exactly the same topics as I see in the other browser, which are about a week old and with incorrect time stamps.

Interesting indeed, will throw it at the tech chaps, not that they will take any notice of a humble mod.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

Interesting indeed, will throw it at the tech chaps, not that they will take any notice of a humble mod.

But Crossy, you have such power at your fingertips....!

Hopefully not 220v though.

????

• Haha 2

I’ve had the same issue of the “Topics” sidebar being unchanged for days... a week or more... ?

Tonight I noticed at the bottom of the page “Theme” with a drop down arrow, I clicked on that and there an option for

“tv-20210323-4.5-Default (Default)” Or

”copy of tv-20210323-4.5-Default”

I clicked on the copy of tv and I seem to be getting an updated topics sidebar now... ????????‍♂️

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

I’ve had the same issue of the “Topics” sidebar being unchanged for days... a week or more... ?

Tonight I noticed at the bottom of the page “Theme” with a drop down arrow, I clicked on that and there an option for

That is new. I assume the tech guy added it recently. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That is new. I assume the tech guy added it recently. 

Apologies ubonjoe, I laugh not at you, but for you...

it’s only been 30mins but it seems to have improved things. 
????

Did I read somewhere that there is a way to tone down the white of the new Thaivisa ?

My iPad is in dark mode but the entire thaivisa screen is blindingly white, is there a setting I have yet to find ?

9 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

My iPad is in dark mode but the entire thaivisa screen is blindingly white, is there a setting I have yet to find ?

There is none for the forum. Can you reduce the  brightness on you screen.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Apologies ubonjoe, I laugh not at you, but for you...

it’s only been 30mins but it seems to have improved things. 
????

Did I read somewhere that there is a way to tone down the white of the new Thaivisa ?

Does your iPad not have night shift mode?, not the same thing as dark mode.  Night shift is a blue light filter that makes the screen much "warmer" to view.

• Like 1