Anyone had a bike pass the DLT "safety" check with an aftermarket exhaust?

VocalNeal

Is that a new thing, didn't know TISI stamp existed, my bikes secondhand I don't think anyone would know whether its aftermarket or not.

Our local Sukhothai DLT just checked engine number and frame number with the book.

The local testing inspection centre did more just stuck the sensor stick thingy down the box, checked lights, checked engine number and frame number.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Is that a new thing, didn't know TISI stamp existed,

It's been around for years  this one from 1985

1853319154_T.I.S___P_20181005_140412(Large).jpg.d8b039f6217c4c02dd6632f1b9b17462.jpg

30 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't think anyone would know whether its aftermarket or not.

They will know its an after market exhaust as it won't have a stamp on the "muffler" part

although there are some after market exhausts that apparently do meet the Thai standards  like

"Leo Vince"    whether they carry the T.I.S stamp I don't know.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johng said:

It's been around for years  this one from 1985

1853319154_T.I.S___P_20181005_140412(Large).jpg.d8b039f6217c4c02dd6632f1b9b17462.jpg

They will know its an after market exhaust as it won't have a stamp on the "muffler" part

although there are some after market exhausts that apparently do meet the Thai standards  like

"Leo Vince"    whether they carry the T.I.S stamp I don't know.

Never remember seeing it,  mine you can't say I've ever looked. 

Mine is a Yoshimura made in USA don't think any inspection centers ever check it around here. 

My Airblade scoot has no markings on the box either. 

Yeah, I've never seen them do anything more than check the engine/frame serial numbers and check the exhaust (for CO2 and noise -has to be under 93 decibels at an idle).

I've had numerous different aftermarket exhausts on my bike and as long as they aren't too loud, they pass.

• Like 1

They don’t give a monkeys - I had to do an inspection at the DLT when I bought a bike. All the lorry drivers were giving me the thumbs up and the tester was smiling away as he was reving it, I don’t think there was a decibel test then,  it there is at the yearly inspection and there is never an issue.