Phuket Immigration overloaded by COVID visa rush

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket Immigration has yet to explain what caused the mass of foreigners to be forced to wait outside this morning (Mar 25) while waiting to even receive a numbered ticket to have their applications processed.

Goes along the lines of the 5-P's

Aren't the original extensions ending next week, and could this be why all the folks are there at the same time as they are all needing to extend again?  As @GeorgeCross said it isnt brain science and yes it appears to be a lack of planning on Immigrations part.  Did they think all of those folks would leave Thailand and go back home....TIT

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Aren't the original extensions ending next week, and could this be why all the folks are there at the same time as they are all needing to extend again?  As @GeorgeCross said it isnt brain science and yes it appears to be a lack of planning on Immigrations part.  Did they think all of those folks would leave Thailand and go back home....TIT

But then I can not understand why every one wait till the last moment to renew. I renewed mine 3 weeks ago.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jorgendk said:

But then I can not understand why every one wait till the last moment to renew. I renewed mine 3 weeks ago.

If they are good for 90 days, then why not wait until near the end date.  Unless the I/O's are automatically extending them for 90 days past the current end date, and not from the date you appear to extend.  If they are giving 90 days from the end date then that would make it easy to stagger the days folks show up to extend.  If not then by arriving a week or two earlier than the end date folks are loosing time.  Just like when folks use to do border bounces every 90 days, they went on the last day and not 2 weeks early.  I hope that makes sense to @Jorgendk

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If they are good for 90 days, then why not wait until near the end date.  Unless the I/O's are automatically extending them for 90 days past the current end date, and not from the date you appear to extend.  If they are giving 90 days from the end date then that would make it easy to stagger the days folks show up to extend.  If not then by arriving a week or two earlier than the end date folks are loosing time.  Just like when folks use to do border bounces every 90 days, they went on the last day and not 2 weeks early.  I hope that makes sense to @Jorgendk

The "Corona extention is normaly 60 dayes. I went 3 weeks before it ran out, to ask them whether I could get mine extended, when it run out. Answer " You will get extended when you apply. Do you want to apply now you are here anyway ?
I applyed, and got the extention until 60 days after my current extention run out. You therefore do not loose any by applying early.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Knowing the source and their priority to report quicker than their rival at the expense of accuracy, my bet is that yearly extension renewals are still done in Rm 103.

Yeah still in 103, got a new retirement last week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

The "Corona extention is normaly 60 dayes. I went 3 weeks before it ran out, to ask them whether I could get mine extended, when it run out. Answer " You will get extended when you apply. Do you want to apply now you are here anyway ?
I applyed, and got the extention until 60 days after my current extention run out. You therefore do not loose any by applying early.

And there is the answer that many do not know, that they will extend it from the end date already in your passport.  I am sure many do not know this and therefore why the last week load up.  I would hate to see the last day when numerous extensions end and folks que to get the new 60 days.  Sort of like the 90 day reports here in Bangkok at MTT since the 90 day on-line system is still down.  Total CF

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Knowing the source and their priority to report quicker than their rival at the expense of accuracy, my bet is that yearly extension renewals are still done in Rm 103.

RETIREMENT  downstairs
MARRIAGE, NON B  upstairs

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1