HELP please , only got 90 days visa for thai spouse

Im not sure what to do before the end of the 90 days visa ( thai spouse ) im nt too sure the name of the visa NON O right ?

Usually will foreigners be able to get extension based on marriage to thai national ?  Im lost on what to do here ...

it shows NON IMM O Visa here ....

Edited by bluebanana

If male you can extend stay one year with proof of marriage, the wife, and meeting the financial requirements of 400k in your name bank account for two month or have proof of 40k per month income.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

If male you can extend stay one year with proof of marriage, the wife, and meeting the financial requirements of 400k in your name bank account for two month or have proof of 40k per month income.  

hello is it sure that its 2 months ? as i read before some people its 3 mths

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I assume you applied for a non-o visa at embassy or consulate that allowed a 90 entry to the country.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of the 90 days.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the day you apply.

You can also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time to apply for the one year extension.

hi im confused , so basically i can get a 60 days  + 1 year extension ? 

so its only 2 mths , not 3 mths right ? as when  I come in i need to have 14 days ASQ before i come out ..

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you applied for a non-o visa at embassy or consulate that allowed a 90 entry to the country.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of the 90 days.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the day you apply.

You can also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time to apply for the one year extension.

yes i got this at my embassy that allows me 90 days entry 

2 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

hi im confused , so basically i can get a 60 days  + 1 year extension ? 

so its only 2 mths , not 3 mths right ? as when  I come in i need to have 14 days ASQ before i come out ..

When you enter the country you will get stamped in for 90 days on your arrival stamp.

Then after quarantine you will need to put 400k baht into aThai bank so that you can apply for the one year extension when it has been in bank for 2 months. Or if your home country embassy will issue proof of 40k baht income.

If you need more time to prepare for the one year extension you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

It is 2 months not 3 months. It has been 2 months for over a decade.

Perhaps confusion from before when retirement extensions required 3 months. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When you enter the country you will get stamped in for 90 days on your arrival stamp.

Then after quarantine you will need to put 400k baht into aThai bank so that you can apply for the one year extension when it has been in bank for 2 months. Or if your home country embassy will issue proof of 40k baht income.

If you need more time to prepare for the one year extension you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

thank you for the very detailed explanation ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Does one need to prove that the 400K came from abroad?
I understand it does (800k) for the retirement visa.

27 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

Does one need to prove that the 400K came from abroad?

No

27 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

I understand it does (800k) for the retirement visa.

Not for a one year extension of stay application. It is only required to apply for a non-o visa at immigration.

now this is confusing .... as i read op he got a non o imm to VISIT thai wife  the financial req are small  ... ubon u seem to have changed it to a married thai wife with MUCH higher financial req .. can someone clear this up  please 

7 minutes ago, ifmu said:

now this is confusing .... as i read op he got a non o imm to VISIT thai wife  the financial req are small  ... ubon u seem to have changed it to a married thai wife with MUCH higher financial req .. can someone clear this up  please 

thanks UJ  i misunderstood   bluebanana, post he is married visa not visit visa ..  ...apoligies

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 2:51 PM, lopburi3 said:

Three months, including the month while waiting for approval. Some offices may vary.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, ubonjoe said:
On 3/25/2021 at 2:52 PM, bluebanana said:

It is 2 months not 3 months. It has been 2 months for over a decade.

Perhaps confusion from before when retirement extensions required 3 months. 

It is three months, if the immigration office demands that the money remains there during the month the application is under consideration - so another source of confusion. That is what my IO demanded, anyway. Two months before the application and one further month during the approval process. The OP would need to check what his particular office requires, so he would need to be prepared to tie up the money for three months and not two. Mine changed the rule one week before I applied.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is still 2 months before the date of application and that is what was being the discussed.

Keeping it in the bank during the under consideration period is a different requirement and it is not required by all immigration offices.

Which is why I wrote, but you didn't include in quoting me, that he should check with his own particular office.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 2:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

Don't forget Ubonjoe - 2 months when you apply but then it is 4-5 weeks "under consideration" and when you revisit on the date on given on that stamp you need to show by photo of your bank-book that the 400k is still there as a minimum for that period too, so effectively by the time you get your stamp it has been 3 months plus. Got my extension on the 5th at CW where as usual I have to give an entire rain-forest in paperwork, most of which they get every year, and in some cases every 90 days as well! 

2 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

Don't forget Ubonjoe - 2 months when you apply but then it is 4-5 weeks "under consideration" and when you revisit on the date on given on that stamp you need to show by photo of your bank-book that the 400k is still there as a minimum for that period too, so effectively by the time you get your stamp it has been 3 months plus.

That depends upon the office where you apply for the extension. Not all offices are asking to see the bank book when you return to get the extension stamp.

Ubonjoe - sorry - saw that others made the same point. Your point was 2 months on day of application, but Bangkok still want that final month or no stamp!

But while writing, it has been said that the one year extension is available only to males, husbands of Thai wives.; Is that correct or is it available to farang wives with Thai husbands too? Just curious is all!

38 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

Is that correct or is it available to farang wives with Thai husbands too? Just curious is all!

Foreign women can apply for citizenship after being married to a Thai male for 1 year,  no need for extensions, no need to work. Their skin colour isn't relevant, all ethnic backgrounds welcome.

Edited by BritManToo

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Foreign women can apply for citizenship after being married to a Thai male for 1 year,  no need for extensions, no need to work. Their skin colour isn't relevant, all ethnic backgrounds welcome.

They do need to extension to stay in the country until  Thai nationality is applied for and approved.

No need for them to show money in the bank or proof of income for the extension. The husband can be asked to prove income at many offices and many want it be at least 15k baht a month.

• Like 1