Topics

sammieuk1

What appears to be happening is that you are seeing topics that have had new posts in them. The sidebar shows the date the original topic was started, but if you open in and go to the last post, you'll see it was probably just a few minutes ago.

• Like 1

It seems to be fixed - but now find topics from a week ago that missed.  The popular/topics really need to be kept up to date so hope it is truly fixed.

Edit:  one reason it so important is the huger number of forum topics we have - really think we should start combining as just too much real estate required for topics with few posts.  A scroll through is a marathon.  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 9:39 AM, Kerryd said:

What appears to be happening is that you are seeing topics that have had new posts in them. The sidebar shows the date the original topic was started, but if you open in and go to the last post, you'll see it was probably just a few minutes ago.

Yes, TV is getting to be quite un-intuitative to use. It used to be quite easy, but now ????

On 3/26/2021 at 10:03 AM, lopburi3 said:

It seems to be fixed - but now find topics from a week ago that missed.  The popular/topics really need to be kept up to date so hope it is truly fixed.

Edit:  one reason it so important is the huger number of forum topics we have - really think we should start combining as just too much real estate required for topics with few posts.  A scroll through is a marathon.  

No it is not fixed, the same TOPICS are showing on my right side as last Monday. 

The whole system needs clearing out, some threads are years old but get the odd reply so are still coming up. 

• Like 1

Normally I use Edge and with Edge the topics are old.

Now I just started TV in Chrome and the topics are up to date.

Obviously I don't know if the topics will also be outdated in Chrome after a few hours or tomorrow. I will report.

Edge

Edge.png.cc99237ad3c2b35e2af94492b380fdba.png

Chrome

Chrome.png.a19a8706a50b2f5a36ac76fc6782f0ed.png

Edited by OneMoreFarang
added pictures

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Do they have anyone working on fixing TVF ?, or do they

just hope it fixes itself, they must be losing members

interest in the site, and paid advertisers will not be happy. 

egards Worgeordie

It appears not as I started this thread on the 25/03 the site is near unusable now???? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Nice to see topics a bit newer - but now having long delays in response from TVF when viewing notifications.  Hope it is a temporary glitch.  

I'd noticed that problem for ages... until I began to regularly do a 'Clear All Notifications' - to clear out the backclog that kept building up... 

24 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Nice to see topics a bit newer - but now having long delays in response from TVF when viewing notifications.  Hope it is a temporary glitch.  

Sometimes I click and I see them instantly. And sometimes it takes time. I guess it depends on the load of the server. If too many people use it at the same time the performance goes down.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:57 PM, sammieuk1 said:

It appears not as I started this thread on the 25/03 the site is near unusable now???? 

That must be local to you as it's working OK for me. A bit slow sometimes, but far better than it was a long while ago when it was as slow as a wet weekend.

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Topics not fixed - seems it was a one time update as no new updates.

Check which theme is selected. If logic off or close your browser it can change when you opening the forum again.

image.png.f0125215fd68535dfbe3b85fbbe8862e.png

If equal to the above screengrab it needs to be changed the copy version.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Check which theme is selected. If logic off or close your browser it can change when you opening the forum again.

If equal to the above screengrab it needs to be changed the copy version.

Went to account settings/theme and changed to copy and signed out/in and no change - then returned to top "tv" default and topics updated.  Thanks.

Few minutes later - So much for the good news - access to another page and back to outdated topics list and now can not get updated again by above actions.  

A minute later - closed Chrome and restarted and have new topics list - hope for the best again.

Couple minutes later - more than a day old now on some pages - even the updated page obviously not updating times.  User friendly - not so much.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/12/2021 at 3:30 AM, lopburi3 said:

Topics not fixed - seems it was a one time update as no new updates.

Below actually started 18 hours ago:

Thunderbolt & lightening, very, very frightening me.
By champers

Started 22 minutes ago

Same here the only way left to see current topics is from the emails... some update on what's going on with the site would be very useful????

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Which theme are you using? Look at the bottom of the page.

If as shown above change to the copy of TV one.

That may work for you but it sure does not work for me using Chrome - have restarted browser and signed out and back in - still see April 11 reported as this hour.

• Like 2