Thailand reports first death of patient after having COVID vaccine

webfact

7 hours ago, Pravda said:

So if a patient dies of covid vaccine but has underlying health conditions then he didn't die of covid vaccine.

But if a patient gets covid and has underlying health conditions he then died of covid?

Just wondering if that's how it works?

Pretty much

6 hours ago, Oldie said:

Yes - one day he would have died anyway. Now earlier. BUT WAIT - I don't want to make such an experience. These vaccinations are not free of risks. This is a known fact in the meantime. 

Stop breathing in Chiang Mai is healthier, dear oh dear what are you worried about oldie?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

An Aortic Aneurism is a bulge or swelling in the main bllod vessel that runs from your heart to your stomach. In England, not sure about the other nations, it is offered to all men when they reach 65. I had mine 2 weeks ago and it consists of s ultra sound scan. Takes 5 minutes and they tell you there and then what they find.

From NHS web site - 

An AAA will often cause few or no obvious symptoms, but if it's left to get bigger, it could burst and cause life-threatening bleeding inside your tummy.

About 8 in every 10 people who have a burst AAA die before they get to hospital or do not survive emergency surgery to repair it.

Screening can pick up an AAA before it bursts. If an AAA is found, you can choose to have regular scans to monitor it or surgery to stop it bursting.

The screening test is very quick, painless and reliable. Research suggests it can halve the risk of dying from an AAA.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The major CV vaccines that have been approved in the West thus far have all undergone multiple rounds of clinical trials, typically involving up to some tens of thousands of participants each.

The noted side effects from those trials from people who received the vaccines have generally been short-term and mostly not serious.

The only part that hasn't occurred in the current situation is long-term trials and follow-up, because of the urgency of dealing with the CV pandemic and trying to stop its spread. As a result, the vaccines are currently being authorized under "emergency use" provisions.

I think one thing worth noting is that all trial participants were healthy adults. I am not sure if people with pre-existing conditions are ever allowed in clinical trials (of any kind). They would have a heck of a time trying to figure out if what they are testing was a contributing factor to death (like in this case).

8 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I think one thing worth noting is that all trial participants were healthy adults. I am not sure if people with pre-existing conditions are ever allowed in clinical trials (of any kind).

Apparently, people with at least some pre-existing conditions were actually sought out as participants in various of the CV vaccine trials.

Who the Vaccine Developers Want

"Covid vaccine developers are particularly interested in recruiting clinical trial participants who are considered to be most vulnerable to Covid-19, Andrasik said.

“People with pre-existing conditions are a priority population, as are adults over age 65,” she noted. ....

Some people, however, might not qualify for the vaccine trials because of medications they’re taking to treat chronic diseases or other factors."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2020/07/27/covid-19-vaccine-trails-what-older-volunteers-need-to-know/?sh=5575a03663d6

Some posts with negative comments toward the news article have been removed, please read the following extract from the Forum rules:

The ThaiVisa News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.
Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.

Except as otherwise indicated in the byline, news bulletins are reprinted verbatim from a mass media source which has given TV permission to use its feed. 

Original articles, especially in the Thai press, often have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ThaiVisa is not responsible for these nor does ThaiVisa have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ThaiVisa is not responsible for any opinions reflected  or quoted in reprinted news stories.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

I think one thing worth noting is that all trial participants were healthy adults. I am not sure if people with pre-existing conditions are ever allowed in clinical trials (of any kind). They would have a heck of a time trying to figure out if what they are testing was a contributing factor to death (like in this case).

They intentionally includfe4d people with common underlying health conditions (hypertension, diabetes etc) in the clinical trials for COVID vaccines.

As there is a control group which does nto get the vaccinated, and assignment to the two groups is random (with people with chronic health conditions in both groups) , it is quite possible to assess whether the vaccine contributed to more deaths.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No.

If a patient has a serious, potentially life threatening underlying health condition and dies as a result of that health condition following receipt of COVID vaccine the death was likely unrelated to the vaccine.

Ditto if someone dies of an accident following vaccination.

So are you saying .... there is no chance that he had a bad reaction to the vaccine ?
There's plenty of people have a life threatening health condition and live until a ripe old age.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The major CV vaccines that have been approved in the West thus far have all undergone multiple rounds of clinical trials, typically involving up to some tens of thousands of participants each.

The noted side effects from those trials from people who received the vaccines have generally been short-term and mostly not serious.

The only part that hasn't occurred in the current situation is long-term trials and follow-up, because of the urgency of dealing with the CV pandemic and trying to stop its spread. As a result, the vaccines are currently being authorized under "emergency use" provisions.

That means  ... it hasn't been tested  ..... No mid or long term data available  .... 
It should be fine though ... the vaccine manufacturers have never been wrong before.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Been There said:

That means  ... it hasn't been tested  ..... No mid or long term data available  .... 
It should be fine though ... the vaccine manufacturers have never been wrong before.

Data is now becoming available for the last 12 months. Still no problems identified. I know of no vaccine that problems have suddenly been identified after 12 months of trials.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Been There said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/shaunlintern/these-nhs-staff-were-told-the-swine-flu-vaccine-was-safe

Dozens of NHS workers are fighting for compensation after developing narcolepsy from a swine flu vaccine that was rushed into service without the usual testing when the disease spread across the globe in 2009.

1 minute ago, polpott said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/shaunlintern/these-nhs-staff-were-told-the-swine-flu-vaccine-was-safe

Dozens of NHS workers are fighting for compensation after developing narcolepsy from a swine flu vaccine that was rushed into service without the usual testing when the disease spread across the globe in 2009.

So a bit like this one  ..... yep

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, petedk said:

Slightly off topic but,

How many people have been vaccinated so far?

Most countries show these statistics, but I haven't seen any figures from Thailand. Does anyone have a link?

CNN has some data. 

They report Thailand had administered 102,050 doses as of 3/24, which is <1 per 100 population, in the 26 days since the first dose was administered in the country.

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2021/health/global-covid-vaccinations/

On 3/26/2021 at 11:36 AM, Oldie said:

Yes - one day he would have died anyway. Now earlier. BUT WAIT - I don't want to make such an experience. These vaccinations are not free of risks. This is a known fact in the meantime. 

Hundreds of thousands of vaccinations, and 40 odd medical problems due to previous medical conditions. Work it out. 

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

No mention of which vaccine he received?

Exactly what I'm thinking, I have read reports that Thailand was going to to use the astra zeneca to begin with. 

There are at present many countries expressing problems with blood clotting from this brand of the vaccine. 

However representatives of the company say the benefits outweigh these problems. 

Astra vaccine is in the headlines for these types of deaths and clotting worldwide at the present time. 

I think the BK post said Prayut declined his Astra shot due to his age/risk group. 

• Like 1

Kiwikeith, 

Find out the figures before reporting fake facts. Millions  of people vaccinated, 40 odd medical problems due to pre existing issues . Just don’t have the vaccin if you don’t like it, and carry on jumping in fright every time someone coughs or sneezes in front of you in the immigration queue. Nobody is forcing you. 
Fact.  505 million people have already had their Covid 19 vaccin !!! 

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1