EURO 2020

stament

On 5/16/2021 at 6:07 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

Of course, if you have a decent VPN, the games are on BBC and ITV, so you could watch them on BBC iPlayer and the ITV Hub.

Wow.....thanks for that..........I had written them off on the assumption it was Sky only....

Having said that I am English and assume  I will seriously disappointed.......watched the 1966 World Cup, live, in a German bar......and it has been downhill ever since.

36 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Wow.....thanks for that..........I had written them off on the assumption it was Sky only....

Having said that I am English and assume  I will seriously disappointed.......watched the 1966 World Cup, live, in a German bar......and it has been downhill ever since.

And that my friend was the last time England won against a top team

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

And that my friend was the last time England won against a top team

Tell me about it....I remember the last Euro's pundits raving about how close they came and how well they did......against who???......First half decent team and boom, gone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stament said:

Was the CL too expensive?

The rights to the CL were bought for this area by DAZN who never showed it, which is why we watch CL games on dodgy streams. Hopefully next time round Truevisions or BEin will buy it so we can watch in peace on the telly.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/dazn-champions-league-tv-rights-southeast-asia-serie-a-brazil

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The rights to the CL were bought for this area by DAZN who never showed it, which is why we watch CL games on dodgy streams. Hopefully next time round Truevisions or BEin will buy it so we can watch in peace on the telly.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/dazn-champions-league-tv-rights-southeast-asia-serie-a-brazil

Thanks for sharing it says it will end in 2020/21 so let's hope someone else gets it!

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

They broadcast games on the internet. I watched Spurs v Liverpool and PSG v Bayern on my phone. Commentary was English and pretty good, even David Pleat. DAZN pulled out of the deal this season and nobody picked up the rights for Thailand in their place.

Fortunately, I can now watch Euros, EPL, Champs Lge and Europa Lge via my local provider.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:23 PM, clivebaxter said:

If the England team are still taking the pointless knee i Hope they lose every game ???? Keep politics out of football.

What politics is this?

They have every right to support their fellow players.

Everyone wanted to get fans back to stadiums and what do you get?

Racists booing the team.

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2021 at 1:03 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

I tried TV Mucho - I'm afraid I wasn't impressed. My VPN costs me only $3 a month and I get the full use of BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5, Netflix UK, etc.

Can you say the name of the VPN?

On 6/6/2021 at 12:15 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I notices the same thing. 

If I’m not mistaken the Euro’s are being shown on ITV and BBC iPlayer....  so with a VPN we can watch them on the computer (although I think screen mirroring from the computer to TV is an issue with iPlayer).

Another option is something called ‘BritBox’ which has all UK TV...  I’ve not yet tried that.

https://watch.britbox.co.uk/hub

Does britbox have catch up, too? I assume not. And does it stream well?

i see they have an offer until 30/6 for 2.99 a month for 3 months, plus 30 day free trial. Ta.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:05 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

DAZN IS a stream, so what difference would it have made anyway?

I'd be surprised if True get the CL back.

27 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

The difference is/was that previous holders of the rights for the CL in Thailand showed it via tv, but DAZN didn't sell it on to the tv providers here = having to watch via a website on the internet and buffering problems etc.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The difference is/was that previous holders of the rights for the CL in Thailand showed it via tv, but DAZN didn't sell it on to the tv providers here = having to watch via a website on the internet and buffering problems etc.

Ok, if that's the case, fair enough. When you say tv providers here you mean True I assume, as I can't think of anyone else (tv company not streaming) here that would show it or have the means to buy it? Maybe True didn't want to stump up for it?

5 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Ok, if that's the case, fair enough. When you say tv providers here you mean True I assume, as I can't think of anyone else (tv company not streaming) here that would show it or have the means to buy it? Maybe True didn't want to stump up for it?

They probably didn't.

BEin also have a nice little paid-for app here I use for FA Cup games. THB 59 for a week, very reasonable and good quality.

DAZN bought the rights but did what with it here; not a lot.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

They probably didn't.

BEin also have a nice little paid-for app here I use for FA Cup games. THB 59 for a week, very reasonable and good quality.

DAZN bought the rights but did what with it here; not a lot.

Yea I've tried the BEIN website, not the app, cheap for sure, but I had a lot of buffering with it.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Yea I've tried the BEIN website, not the app, cheap for sure, but I had a lot of buffering with it.

Never had buffering or poor quality with the BEin app. Wish they'd have more coverage of English football (not interested in the French, Spanish etc league football they show).

Let's hope in 2021/22 we get decent coverage of the CL here in Thailand. 

Up to now BEIN are only showing as providing games in MENA area, shame as their product is usually good. Maybe it will change before it starts.

BBC and ITV will be available via VPN but you cannot trust them. Last World Cup i was finally blocked just before half time in the semi-final ????

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Never had buffering or poor quality with the BEin app. Wish they'd have more coverage of English football (not interested in the French, Spanish etc league football they show).

Let's hope in 2021/22 we get decent coverage of the CL here in Thailand. 

The BEIN app would be somewhat more expensive if they showed the PL.

I can't watch football on a phone and I've never learnt how to cast/mirror it on to my tv, I've tried but it didn't work.

I'm not confident on the CL next season tbh.

Edited by Johnny Mac

16 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

BBC and ITV will be available via VPN but you cannot trust them. Last World Cup i was finally blocked just before half time in the semi-final ????

Yea it could go wrong. I think Express vpn and Nordvpn are safe bets though?

1 hour ago, Johnny Mac said:

100% bang on. Southgate has let himself down badly, I thought he had a bit more about him and was intelligent enough to 'get it' but no. Critisizing the fans for booing is the same as saying they can't have an opinion. Disgraceful. It's a real shame that this nonsense is going to overshadow the football.

Not sure on his management skills but Southgate is spot on when criticizing the racists booing his team.

2 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

Who do you think will get it?  Is it an open bid or is it a fixed price?  I am sure True will want to bid maybe even AIS or TOT if they want to develop their IPTV channels