EURO 2020

stament

2 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

Can you say the name of the VPN?

SurfShark. The specific pricing plan I bought it on is no longer offered but they have other similar discount options.

Full disclosure: I did have some issues with it in the first six months or so. There were a few times when it stopped working, although they did provide fixes when I reported it. It's been pretty reliable for about a year now.

• Like 2

Just caught a re-run of last night's game Ukraine v Cyprus. 4-0 to Ukraine in front of a big and happy crowd. They looked very good on the attack. Points of interest for English fans:

Yarmolenko scored 2 and got a standing ovation when subbed late on.

Zinchenko played the full 90 on the left of a midfield three, his normal position in the national team.

Shevchenko is the manager and seems to be an inspirational figure.

Possible dark horses.

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

SurfShark. The specific pricing plan I bought it on is no longer offered but they have other similar discount options.

Full disclosure: I did have some issues with it in the first six months or so. There were a few times when it stopped working, although they did provide fixes when I reported it. It's been pretty reliable for about a year now.

I am with Surfshark and most things work fine I just have a issue with the live TV option on ITV Hub I always get the error message 001 but the on demand on ITV Hub works fine do you have the same problem ?

1 minute ago, Chad91 said:

I am with Surfshark and most things work fine I just have a issue with the live TV option on ITV Hub I always get the error message 001 but the on demand on ITV Hub works fine do you have the same problem ?

Same here....use Express VPN.....everything else is fine, even iPlayer which is now in HD.

33 minutes ago, Chad91 said:

I get that problem if I'm using SurfShark on an Android device but on my Windows laptop it's fine.

So that's what I use if I want to watch a live stream.

20 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I get that problem if I'm using SurfShark on an Android device but on my Windows laptop it's fine.

So that's what I use if I want to watch a live stream.

That will be what it is then as I am using ITV Hub via my android box I will just use my Laptop for ITV in the future. thanks for the info????

Edited by Chad91

1 minute ago, Chad91 said:

That will be what it is then as I am using ITV Hub via my android box I will just use my Laptop for ITV in the future then, thanks for the info????

I did get an annoying amount of buffering in the first half of the England vs Romania game but the second half was virtually buffer-free so I think that was possibly due to my local internet speed (which can be a bit flaky) rather than the VPN.

https://www.uefa.tv/faq

Can I watch the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Europa League, UEFA EURO, UEFA Nations League or UEFA European Qualifiers live on UEFA.tv?

Live matches from the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Europa League, UEFA EURO, UEFA Nations League and UEFA European Qualifiers are not available for viewing on UEFA.tv.

However, delayed highlights from each of these competitions will be made available on the platform.

For live coverage information related to these competitions, users can access details about the relevant UEFA broadcast partner in their territory on the following page: https://www.uefa.com/tvguide

• Thanks 1

Despite UEFA saying they don't have any live coverage of those competitions, they did stream The Europa Cup and Champions League matches live to Thailand on UEFA.tv.  I believe their policy is no live streaming to areas where there is a local broadcast of the event, so I am hopeful that they will be streaming EURO 2020 live to Thailand even though they are not  specifically saying so at the moment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, delboy said:

Despite UEFA saying they don't have any live coverage of those competitions, they did stream The Europa Cup and Champions League matches live to Thailand on UEFA.tv.  I believe their policy is no live streaming to areas where there is a local broadcast of the event, so I am hopeful that they will be streaming EURO 2020 live to Thailand even though they are not  specifically saying so at the moment.

The difference is that they had said all along that they would be showing the UCL & UEL games.

They have said quite clearly that they are not showing the Euro 2020 matches.

I'm not sure why they would be lying about it.

• Sad 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, champers said:

Just caught a re-run of last night's game Ukraine v Cyprus. 4-0 to Ukraine in front of a big and happy crowd. They looked very good on the attack. Points of interest for English fans:

Yarmolenko scored 2 and got a standing ovation when subbed late on.

Zinchenko played the full 90 on the left of a midfield three, his normal position in the national team.

Shevchenko is the manager and seems to be an inspirational figure.

Possible dark horses.

I,d agree on Ukraine....not sure i could say Dark horses though....perhaps off white??????

Spain have called up a second 'bubble' of players due to 'Covid in the camp' concerns.  They will be kept away from the original squad. Two players (Busquets/Llorente) definitely infected but there are worries that a number of others may need to self isolate.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Spain have called up a second 'bubble' of players due to 'Covid in the camp' concerns.  They will be kept away from the original squad. Two players (Busquets/Llorente) definitely infected but there are worries that a number of others may need to self isolate.

Llorente has now tested negative and could go back to the main squad, say BBC.

8 minutes ago, champers said:

Llorente has now tested negative and could go back to the main squad, say BBC.

Still getting 'false positives' You'd have thought they had more efficient tests by now!

On the UEFA website the rights holder for Thailand is now showing as NBT. Perhaps we will have the games broadcast here after all. Tonights (2am tomorrow) match is not is the “sports on tv” section of BKK post though. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartinBKK said:

On the UEFA website the rights holder for Thailand is now showing as NBT. Perhaps we will have the games broadcast here after all. Tonights (2am tomorrow) match is not is the “sports on tv” section of BKK post though. Fingers crossed.

potentially great news!  Many thanks for the update.

4 hours ago, MartinBKK said:

You can send a link to that because when I check I still can't see Thailand listed ? Great news if true

EDIT : Just seen on Twitter that NBT did indeed do a late deal Great News !! 

20210611_190738.jpg

Edited by Chad91
  • Like 1

Just now, greenmonkey said:

apparently the euros are being shown on channel 2 (NBT). I have this channel so fingers crossed the information is correct!

ha i should av scrolled up the page before sharing my post... feel a right tit now... c'mon England!!!!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

ha i should av scrolled up the page before sharing my post... feel a right tit now... c'mon England!!!!

No worries better to share the info twice than not at all. Good intentions and all. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 4:24 AM, ChipButty said:

As for England nobody knows, you do realise England have not won against a top team in the world cup or the euro's since 1966, ok we beat Spain who were <deleted> then on penalties take a look at the stats all the way back to 66 it's a disgrace 

Currently ranked 4th in the world by FIFA,

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/

Edited by polpott